What did you do to your hair today? Week of October 29

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
Happy halloween! 

Yesterday I decided to wash, condition then use my Deva Styling Cream, no gel.  I wanted softer looking curls, less definition, less separated curls.  I half expected my hair to just wave lazily and straighten out pretty quickly, but it didn't!  I actually got some nice bouncy curls that lasted all day.  It was a bit frizzy, but I was at home all day so that was ok.  I'm refreshing today with just a little water praying-hands through my hair, then I'm going to clip it back into a low pony, hopefully the ends will curl nicely.

What's happening with your hair?
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Funny you mentioned going without gel. Tried styling Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie with my gel and didn't get as good of results as last week. I think I like this product more without gel.
    I did pickup one of the beauty boxes from ULTA at a very reduced price, and one of the items was Not Your Mother Plump for Joy Thickener or something. I used that at my roots and got good volume for first day hair. Which means illhave to repurchase it by itself when I finish the bottle I have.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited October 2018
    It's still not cold enough to turn on the heat in my aparment, but it's cool enough that my hair is taking longer to air dry.   Plus, wet hair makes me cold and the only way to really warm up without turning on the heat is bundling up and that's not a good environment to air dry curly hair!

So, it looks like my diffuser has regained its residency on my bathroom counter.  (only things I use daily get to stay on the counter lol) 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    So the diffuser, as expected, is making my hair look  a bit drier than normal.  I've been using JessiCurl's Awe Inspiraling Spray as a finishing spray and it's been doing the trick!  <3
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited October 2018
    I discovered this morning that spraying my hair until damp-wet (but not dripping, of course), then smoothing and scrunching in curl cream, then gel, diffusing a little (because even my damp hair takes hours to dry, also helps set the gel cast) was a very successful refreshing routine. A noticable bit frizzier than yesterday, but not horribly so. I've never been good at refreshing, so I've never had multi-day hair without either showering or completely soaking my hair. This may be a miracle for me, lol
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

I tried refreshing with a steamer today. I must be missing something because all it did was make my curls lose their definition and become poofy :( 

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    It is a warm humid misty day today so I wasn't going to go to great lengths to make it look "good".  Washed with Suave coconut, added some curl cream I can't remember the name of, plopped and styled as usual. It is wild as can be but I'm letting it fly free until after work. Then it will go into a big clip to keep it out of my face while I work on a 5000 piece mailing for a candidate. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file