What is your new obsession?

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,662Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
 Highlighter.  I have been using it for about a month now.  It lights up my face.  I am currently using Wet n Wild  I use it on my eyelids, corners of my forehead, center of my face from forehead to my chin & my eye ducts.  I will even put some on the center of my lower lip after I apply lipstick. 
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 992Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    With makeup? Right now eyeshadow. It always creased on me until Guide 65 gave me excellent advice in another thread. I wore it every day this week. Now I'm looking for a new neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm eyeing the NYX Warm Neutrals and Cool Neutrals palettes.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,662Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It doesn't have to be makeup.  I would like to find some eyeshadow that doesn't crinkle on my old eyes.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,706Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    My new obsession is kayaking.  This summer my husband and I started getting into it.  We rented all different kayaks all summer, trying to figure out which ones we wanted to buy.  Finally decided on the model and size at the end of summer.  We've been watching Kajiji (is that a thing everywhere?  it's a local buy/sell website) for used kayaks for a while.  Finally we found someone selling 2 of the kayaks we decided on, at a really great price.  And we bought them!   Right in time for winter!  We're not going to be able to even try them out until next year.  Technically, I guess we could still go out paddling as long as the water is free of ice.  But we don't have the proper cold water gear for it.  So they'll sit in storage until next spring.

In the meantime I've been researching kayaking gear, watching techniques videos, reading up on safety stuff. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    Well I just got 2 kittens (technically they were thrust upon me). They're my new obsession and by obsession, I mean worrying about them 24/7 that they are going to hurt themselves, accidentally hurt each other, get into something they shouldn't have, poop or pee outside the litterbox, upchuck somewhere i wont find, and most importantly get sick or have a medical problem (vet bills are not cheap). But they are cute and playful even when they are literally climbing up my pants leg.
    I'm going to attempt to make hot sauce.  I love hot, spicy food.  I spent almost 2 weeks working on a sourdough starter.  I even named it Sarah.  Had to feed her every morning.  I just felt like I was making glue in my kitchen.  The bread I made tasted icky.  
    From Michael Berg:

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 233Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    I got an Instant Pot on Amazon Prime Day and now I try to find an instant pot version of every dish I want to cook~  So excited for winter soups!
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | mixed density| protein & coconut sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo: DevaCurl's Low Poo / JessiCurl's Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl's One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: DevalCurl's One Condition
    Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab
    Stylers: Curl Junkie's Spiral Lotion, JessiCurl's Sprialicious Gel
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,849Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    edited October 29
    1) These boots!

2) Jogging.

3) Plant-based cooking.

4) Yes, highlighting my face like a Kardashian.

5) Keeping my eye out for the same boots in brown.

Spider lashes, I read that as you wear those boots jogging, my response was, ok whatever works.
    then you wear them when you plant base cook to which I wondered why the boots were a necessity.
    it wasn’t until the highlighting part that I realized you made a list not naming what all you do in the boots. Haha.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,849Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    BrittanyM said:
    Spider lashes, I read that as you wear those boots jogging, my response was, ok whatever works.
    then you wear them when you plant base cook to which I wondered why the boots were a necessity.
    it wasn’t until the highlighting part that I realized you made a list not naming what all you do in the boots. Haha.
    Right, a list! I will add numbers.

And will add an obsession....

It’s not you. It’s my inability to put things together. I just pictured you jogging and cooking in the boots.
    Highlighting like a Kardashion.  SL, I am LMAO.  I have some similar boots that I have had for at least 20 years.  They don't go out of style. 
    From Michael Berg:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,684Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Some recent obsessions have been -
    Overtone color conditioners in all different colors from grey all over to red/blue/pink/purple on accent pieces. 
    Trying new recipes for different kinds of squash. 
    Mally Beauty lip crayon in Bold Brick. 
    The mid-term elections. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 233Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Dabbler
    Some recent obsessions have been -
    Overtone color conditioners in all different colors from grey all over to red/blue/pink/purple on accent pieces. 
    Trying new recipes for different kinds of squash. 
    Mally Beauty lip crayon in Bold Brick. 
    The mid-term elections. 
    Since you are trying new squash recipes let me share my fall obsession, a non-sweet/non-coconut curry pumpkin soup.  I hate coconut milk & sweetness in my savory dishes, so I was so happy when I found this recipe about 10 years ago.  I also love it, because it changes the mind of many "I hate pumpkin soupers".  I think most people think they hate pumpkin/squash soups because they are always sweet.

Do you have any favorite recipes so far?
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | mixed density| protein & coconut sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo: DevaCurl's Low Poo / JessiCurl's Cleansing Cream
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl's One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: DevalCurl's One Condition
    Deep Conditioner: Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab
    Stylers: Curl Junkie's Spiral Lotion, JessiCurl's Sprialicious Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    The midterms! Using mapthe.vote website to figure out which of my neighbors haven't voted yet, and knocking doors to get out the vote. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,684Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso

Do you have any favorite recipes so far?
    Thanks for the recipe!  I have 2 new winter squash recipes and 1 new summer squash recipe I love. I will share them tonight when I get home. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,341Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen said:
    The midterms!
    Same and especially the governors race in Ga. My friend is Abrams stylist too. And with all voting scandal and controversy going on. I wish this was happening when I was still living there. Oprah, Obama and Will Ferell are campaigning there as well. I know Oprah and Ferell have been knocking on doors.
    @tinksaysboo   I've made all 3 of these recipes multiple times over the last couple months. They are new favorites.

BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN

Aimee at Simple Bites

Serves/Yield: Up to 8 people

• 3 cups butternut squash, in ¾ inch chunks
    • 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
    • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 2 Tablespoons mayo
    • 2/3 cup Parmesan, grated (or strong cheddar)
    • 1/3 cup Panko (or breadcrumbs)
    • Pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch baking dish.                            In a medium pot, cover squash with cold water, place a lid on top and bring to a boil over high heat. When boiling, reduce heat so that the water just simmers and cook squash for about 15 min. or until tender. Rinse under cold water; drain.                                                    Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and add onions. Sauté on medium heat, stirring often, until softened. Set aside to cool slightly.              In a medium bowl, beat egg, salt and mayonnaise together. Add 1/3 cup of Parmesan, panko, sautéed onion and squash and fold together gently to combine. Season with pepper and more salt, if needed. Spoon in to prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1/3 cup of cheese. Bake 1 hour or until heated through and cheese   is slightly browned. Serve hot.

Spiralized Summer Squash Frittata

From Cooking Light

• 2 large zucchini
    • 2 teaspoons olive oil
    • 1 garlic clove, minced
    • 4 large eggs
    • 3/4 cup 1% milk
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    • 2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese

Spiralize zucchini on a medium grate.

Preheat oven to 350°F. In a 9-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat, cook zucchini in olive oil until slightly softened. Try not to constantly stir the zucchini to avoid breaking it. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant.

Whisk together  eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour egg mixture over the zucchini.

Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until center is set. Sprinkle cheese over frittata, and cook for another 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cut into 4 wedges.

Nutrition Information

Serves: 4  |   Per serving: Calories: 157; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 192mg; Sodium: 340mg; Carbohydrate: 9g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 12g

Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 570mg; Iron: 9%; Vitamin A: 14%; Vitamin C: 46%; Calcium: 18% 

@Lotsawaves ; sorry for turning this into a recipe thread.
    To get back to the original topic, my current obsession is Sea Salt Quinoa chips from Brandless. Non GMO, no artificial anything, real ingredients, and they taste good!
    No problem, Jeep.  I love recipes.  Looking for a good hot sauce one right now.
    From Michael Berg:

I just thought of more obsessions. I am really liking Just The Basics cleansing & makeup remover facial towelettes.  I have used several others & this is my favorite. Such a difference in the way my skin feels after using it.  My other one is dyeing my eyebrows.  Just did them tonight,  So much cheaper than permanent cosmetics, which is not permanent.  I use Just For Men Mustache & Beard color in real black.  So much cheaper & the same result.
    From Michael Berg:

I also wanted to add, Caruso Steam Rollers.  My hair loves them.  
    From Michael Berg:

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,798Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Josephine said:
    Gretchen said:
    The midterms!
    Same and especially the governors race in Ga. My friend is Abrams stylist too. And with all voting scandal and controversy going on. I wish this was happening when I was still living there. Oprah, Obama and Will Ferell are campaigning there as well. I know Oprah and Ferell have been knocking on doors.
    YES!!!! OMG it makes me so mad. It's so unethical and outrageous and it's hard to believe it's AMERICA!!! How on earth can they guy who runs elections BE IN CHARGE OF HIS OWN RACE???? It's so wrong and makes my blood boil.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks for the recipes, Jeep!  I added them all to my recipe app. 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,706Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I also wanted to add, Caruso Steam Rollers.  My hair loves them.  
    OMG I had these back in the late 80s/early 90s!  I didn't know they were still around!  I wonder what ever happened to my set.  They worked really well, I just didn't know how to roll my hair properly.  I always had some hair left over after using all the rollers which would hang down and look weird.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    RE: : Lotsa's face wipe obsession. One year in our bag of Christmas goodies, my mom gave us girls each a packet of face wipes from Big Lots. I am still obsessed with them. I've tried others but I always go back to these. They cost a $1 and come in lots of "flavors". My favorite is the cucumber. 
    RE: : Lotsa's face wipe obsession. One year in our bag of Christmas goodies, my mom gave us girls each a packet of face wipes from Big Lots. I am still obsessed with them. I've tried others but I always go back to these. They cost a $1 and come in lots of "flavors". My favorite is the cucumber. 
    What's the brand? 

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    edited November 2
    Oops! Sorry! I had to look it up because it's a weird name. Epielle. I've never seen them anywhere other than Big Lots. 

And let me also add that they are soft and they never burn my eyes. Some face wipes are very strong and burn my eyes. 
    I'll look for them next time I'm there!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file