Pre Poo Advice

machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hi it’s been a while. Want to start doing pre poo and looking for advice on what to use and how to do it. I’ve read that normally it’s done about 30 minutes before you start your shower routine. Want to start slow. Thanks!

Comments

• MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Hi! Prepoos are great for nullifying the stripping effects of your shampoo. They’re great for curlies like me who like to often use a sulfate shampoo. I find coconut and olive oils to be the best prepoo treatments. I even detangle my curls with these oils prior to shampoo. I don’t even feel the need to condition after. I don’t mix these oils but use them individually. No particular reason I do this, I just like to use each by itself. Plus, it’s much easier to slather on just one oil rather than spend time making concoctions. Mixing coconut, olive and castor oils in the descending order and applying it on as a prepoo treatment works really well too. 
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I don't like using oils in my hair.  They're too hard to get out and they weigh down my hair.  But here's some good reading on the subject https://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/oil-pre-shampoo-or-pre-wash.html

Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file