Newbie, 2a/2b?

ZoevhZoevh Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hey everybody! 

I'm very new to the curly hair world. Last week I came across the curly girl method and it got me curious!. I always thought my hair was just straight with a ton of frizz and weird texture that I had to get rid of. I actually tried a ton of shampoos in the past 5 years and never have I bought the same shampoo twice. I never understood why my hair was the way it was and I just brushed it after my shower and hoped it would dry straight. Turns out, it's not straight at all and extremely dried out and damaged! I eventually stopped dying it and stopped using a hot iron because I thought that was the reason why, but when I didn't see any improvement after 3 years, I started dying my hair again this summer (bleached it once until now and only use vegan hairdye). This is the way my hair looked everyday after a shower. Either super frizzy or ok-ish with a weird wave after brushing it. I also have major breakage and I find hair everywhere around my appartment.

So, after reading about the CG method I decided to give it a go and I bought sulfate, parabens and silicone free shampoo and conditioner and a drying-alcohol-free oil serum. The top picture is the last time I used my regular products and didnt brush my hair (yet) and the bottom is after using my new products twice. Its only a little bit of an improvement I think, but my hair really needs to get healthy first.
I'm very open to advice and tips and I can't wait to see where this method will take my hair!
New to the CG method
Currently between 2a/2b I think

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  I see some nice waves there!  I'm betting it's going to get a lot curlier as your hair gets into better condition.  Keep it up, and let us know if you have any questions or problems!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Guide 65 said:
    Welcome!  I see some nice waves there!  I'm betting it's going to get a lot curlier as your hair gets into better condition.  Keep it up, and let us know if you have any questions or problems!

What she said! Welcome, @Zoevh!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Wow, it will be exciting to see how your hair continues to improve.

As for advice, if your hair is dry and damaged, I would try using protein-rich products (to repair damage) and deep conditioners (to give your hair extra moisture). Good luck!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file