lost curls pattern because of brushing

hindaljauharyhindaljauhary Posts: 13Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
hello there curly friends!
it's my 3rd question in 2-3 days lol...sorry
but there is something that I notice with my curly hair at
first I thought I had wavy hair at first which is amazing
but I saw a finger coiling tutorial and I tried it!
I did it more than once but that time it looked different I liked
the result but then I realized as it started to dry it was curling even more?
most of the curls were like this

and I remember they looked like this before 

after I tried to figure out what did I do differently than what I usually do and
I found out it was brushing!!!
after I get out of the shower when my hair is still wet I
brush it and at that time I didn't!
I love how it looked and wanna stop brushing!
but I need to detangle my hair.......
I have thick hair so my fingers just won't do it.........

and even if I do it during the conditioner it well loses that pattern :(
I don't know what to do now is
there a way that I can detangle without losing my new pattern?
I loved how they looked like but I don't my hair to be tangled especially 
that I have school 

if there is a way that anybody can help me ill appreciate it 

Best Answers

• cnic216cnic216 Posts: 74 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    I would try using a wide tooth comb with conditioner in your hair. That should be a little more gentle than a brush would be, but a little more effective than just your fingers. 

It could also be the type of brush you're using. Lots of curlies swear by the Denman brush as it does help to define curls. I have a flexy brush by curl hair solutions and it does pretty much the same thing. 
  • CrazyCurls13CrazyCurls13 Posts: 27 Curl Novice
    Accepted Answer
    Your welcome!  ^w^

Answers

• hindaljauharyhindaljauhary Posts: 13Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    by the way yes I do scrunch with a cotton t-shirt so that's not the problem 
    btw ignore the frizz on the second picture my isn't frizzy like but that picture
    but it was the closest to the curl pattern I wanted to show you 
  • CrazyCurls13CrazyCurls13 Posts: 27Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
    edited November 12
            I reccomend using light products, brushing your hair with a boar bristle brush, scrunching your hair once in the morning and once at night, and sleeping with your hair in a loose high pony tail clipped to the top of your head. Light products keep your curls from being weighed down and streached out, a boar bristle brush takes longer to detangle your hair with but is very gentle and will minimize mangling and pulling apart your curls, scrunching keeps your hair defined and helps your curls form up, and sleeping with you're hair in a loose high pony tail clipped to the top of your head keeps your curls from being mangled and losened during the night. I have 4a hair which is tighter than your's but hard to define, so I know the struggle. Hope I help.  : P
  • hindaljauharyhindaljauhary Posts: 13Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
            I reccomend using light products, brushing your hair with a boar bristle brush, scrunching your hair once in the morning and once at night, and sleeping with your hair in a loose high pony tail clipped to the top of your head. Light products keep your curls from being weighed down and streached out, a boar bristle brush takes longer to detangle your hair with but is very gentle and will minimize mangling and pulling apart your curls, scrunching keeps your hair defined and helps your curls form up, and sleeping with you're hair in a loose high pony tail clipped to the top of your head keeps your curls from being mangled and losened during the night. I have 4a hair which is tighter than your's but really hard to define, so I know the struggle. Hope I help.  : P
    thanks! I used a bristle brush before but I felt like it damaged my hair 
    or I just don't know how to brush but
    I think I'll buy a wide tooth comb soon thanks for helping though 
    everything else is quite helpful

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file