What did you do to your hair today? Week of October 22

Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
This week I'm experimenting with using some hairspray before diffusing.  I watched a video about it.  She said if you spray while your hair is wet, the alcohol in the spray will help dry the water quicker, and it helps with hold.  I tried it yesterday - I think it has some possibilities!  My curls lasted through the day and even through this morning. 

What's going on with your hair?
Formerly known as Janiegirl
2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
Current products:
Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
Innersense I Create Volume
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Comments

• cnic216cnic216 Posts: 157Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Normal wash and go for me. I'm still recovering from my horrible aloe experience last weekend. After 2 wash days and 2 deep conditioning sessions, it's still a little on the frizzy side, but it feels nice and soft. I'm thinking I'm going to try a bentonite clay mask next wash day and see if that will bring things back to normal for me. Anybody have an experience with the clay mask? It'll be my first time trying one. 
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I did a DIY gelatin treatment followed by a conditioner, honey, and aloe mix for deep conditioning. Used my SM JBCO leave in followed by my first use of SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
    I like the smoothie despite I used too little since I was afraid it would make my hair greasy. It provides a light hold and does enhance the curl. I think I like it. Its a good refresher too.
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sunday night I did a overnight pre-poo with my Jessicurl oil blend, and the frizz I was dealing with has drastically improved, though that could also just be the weather change, lol. Other than that, same old same old here. The thread about winter hats has me wondering how my hair is gonna behave, I've never really worn it curly in the winter.

The alcohol in the hair spray helping it dry faster makes sense. When I was in high school chemistry, we would always do an isopropyl alcohol rinse after washing the beakers and such, to completely remove any water, etc. Because it would dry quicker, more fully, and take the water with it, is how I remember it. I still do an alcohol rinse to my fish tank "python" (water changing system, hooks up to the sink to suck out or refill the tank) to prevent mold from growing in the 75ft long tube.
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Today I went old school and only used my 2 all time favorite hair products, Suave coconut conditioner and LA Looks Sport Gel. This always promotes lots of curls, if not good clumping.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I ran out of my DevaCurl Heaven in Hair so I used leftover NYMN Green Butter Masque I had.  Honestly, it did an amazing job and now I am questioning if Heaven in Hair is worth the x2.5 cost.  
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Today I did a sulfate free shampoo, followed by conditioning and detangling with the matrix ultra hydrasource masque. I then applied and raked in a silicone-free curl cream and the cantu Shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream and scrunched. All done!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file