Has anyone tried Hope’s Relief Shampoo?

RiverSongWhoRiverSongWho Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited October 2018 in Readers' Product Reviews

Has anyone tried this shampoo? https://www.hopesrelief.com.au/shop/shampoo/  The ingredients look promising, but I cannot find a picture of the ingredients listed on the box. Would this shampoo be good for my hair type?

I do not have scalp problems, but I am looking for a gentle shampoo for my 2B, medium density, low-porosity, and protein-sensitive hair. Also my hair gets product build-up easily.

So I’m looking for a shampoo with no proteins, glycerin and Propylene Glycol free, and also sulfate free. I plan on using a monthly clarifier for any build-up. Does this type of shampoo exist anywhere?

2B/C - Fine Hair, Low Density, and Normal Porosity
On the search for very Lightweight products with no glycerin, I live in a very humid and high dew point climate.

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Oh, ok.  That Hopes shampoo is an Australian product, so I thought you were there.  If you're in the US then you have tons of options.  Try searching through the shop here.  I think you can do an advanced search to weed out those ingredients.

And if you're trying for no glycerin due to frizzing issues, it shouldn't matter if it's in a rinse-out product.  You only need to be concerned about it in your leave in stuff.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I have not tried this product. I says it doesn't have SLS, but there are plenty of other sulfates.... is there a complete ingredient list somewhere? I didn't see one. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • RiverSongWhoRiverSongWho Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you, I emailed the company asking for a full ingredient list, so far no response back.
    On the search for very Lightweight products with no glycerin, I live in a very humid and high dew point climate.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Are you in Australia?  MooGoo is an Australian brand, and I think they're all CG friendly. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • RiverSongWhoRiverSongWho Posts: 8Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    No, I am in the USA. I found the above Hopes shampoo from Google. Thank you, I will look at MooGoo products.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file