How to fix uneven hair texture?

pansophpansoph Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited October 20 in Transitioning
Hey there, I've been following the curly hair method for a few weeks now and I kinda have a problem. The hair that frames my face (let's say, like a 1/4 of my head at the front) is 2c. Those waves have really been benefitting from the method and my products so far. But the rest of my hair is swavy and very limp with not much definition, especially at the top. The thing is that my hair is virgin, the only damage that happened is blowdrying after every hair wash/brushing everything out/occasional flat-ironing (I had no idea my hair had any pattern to it lol)
So my question is, is there anything I can do to even out the texture? I tried Olaplex out of curiosity but I've only used it twice so far so I don't expect any major change. But I haven't tried any protein treatments, are there any products that you could recommend? I'm not the DIY type of person. OR is this maybe just how my hair is?

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,623Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  You might benefit from protein.  You never know until you try it!  You can get a deep conditioning treatment that also has protein.  Deva Deep Sea Repair, Curl Junkie Repair Me are a couple good ones. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file