My hair likes things it’s not supposed to? Am I breaking the rules?!

KMarKMar Posts: 41Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
I have thin and fine 2c/3a hair and I have read that I should not be heavy handed with conditioning with this type of hair. BUT my hair just doesn’t agree with that. My favorite rinse out daily conditioner is SM Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil and the same in the masque form for a weekly deep condition. My hair looks not so great with other conditioners. I follow with As I Am leave in too. Also, I slather on products (leave in, light cream, a gel cocktail) which isn’t supposed to be great for thin and fine hair, but my hair looks best with more! What the bleep?! Am I breaking rules here lol?! Have I assessed my hair incorrectly? Is it really that cut and dry or can others with similar hair also break these “rules”? 

Answers

• tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I am so there with you!  My hair can handle heavier products than what low porosity 2c hair "should"!  It took being super frustrated with my hair to finally try these 'no' no's. I wish I started breaking the rules earlier  ;) 

It just goes to remind you that even if your hair looks and sounds exactly like someone else's doesn't mean it will react the same to products and routines!  You have to just try stuff out for yourself and see what happens :) 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file