In major need of help!

kkurls24kkurls24 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
i had another account on here but I forgot the cesifebtals. I've posted a few times on here seeking help about this concern but haven't seemed to have much luck. my biggest issue with my hair is the stop. The bottom layers of my hair I would say are 3b meanwhile the top sections of my hair confuse me A LOT. The roots are wavy/ frizzy all the way down untill midway near the end where the strands curl and are 3b. I've heard of having different curl patterns but this is weird because in one strand it's like there is two. I will insert pictures and if you guys need anything questions I'll be glad to answer. I also believe I have 3b/3c hair. I don't straighten my hair and I'd say it's pretty healthy. 

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Gorgeous hair!  The top canopy looks a lot dryer than the rest.  It could be just environmental damage - sun and wind and such.  So concentrate getting more of your conditioner and leave in up in the top.  If you do everything upside down you may be missing that area. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    To add on to @Guide 65 's advice.

I've had a lot of issues with my canopy being a lot drier than the bottom layers.  When this was a big issue, I would add an extra oil to just the canopy when I deep conditioned.   I also spend a lot more time on that area when in the shower.  When it was really bad, I would even use my deep conditioner as a rinse out on top! When I style, I make sure to use extra gel on top to control the frizz.   Good luck!  You have gorgeous curls!
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • cnic216cnic216 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 157 Curl Connoisseur
    Agree with the previous comments. Making sure your canopy is moisturized will be a game changer. If you're still having problems with the curl type matching, I have the same issue in the back and very front parts of my hair and I usually have to finger coil a little bit in these areas to get it match the rest of my head. 
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, @kkurls24 !  Be sure to upload some pix after you've done some serious conditioning!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • kkurls24kkurls24 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Do any of you guys know any good deep conditioners to get the job done?
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque is my go to. It does have protein though. True by Made Beautiful Intensive Moisture Treatment Masque is another good one.
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    kkurls24 said:
    Do any of you guys know any good deep conditioners to get the job done?
    my two favorite deep conditioners that have helped with my canopy frizz are NYMN Green Butter Masque and DevaCurls Heaven in Hair.  

If you are able to splurge, I suggest getting a hot head or similar heated cap to kick up your treatment up a notch.  The heat will really help the deep conditioner penetrate
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

• OnduleeOndulee Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Curl Connoisseur
    +1 on the heat cap. They work amazingly!  Mine is so old I need new gel inserts...
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Ondulee said:
    +1 on the heat cap. They work amazingly!  Mine is so old I need new gel inserts...
    With the holidays coming, I am sure hot head will have a sale soon!

• kkurls24kkurls24 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Hi, id like to delete this post and account. I don’t want these pics of me up as I’m a minor and just don’t want them up anymore. I don’t know how to do it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file