1 year into CGM, First time doing message boards! 2b/3a

lolololorilolololori Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I have 2a/b hair that's quickly becoming 3a possibly 3b. I've finally figured out a CGM that turns out in a way that I like! I'm currently at collarbone length, and I would love to get to waist length, so see y'all in 7 years! Lol I will be in my 40s by then but honestly women in their 40s are gorg. So, can't wait.  I'm just happy I'm happy with my curls now that they've grown around 3 inches in the last 6 months. Now that I'm at collarbone, my hair willllll break, so I'm looking for hair twins and accountability buddies! 

I'm really hoping to learn more length retention for a low porosity easily breakable hair! Weekly deep conditioning accountability? Please! Scalp massage? YES! My hair loses moisture SO quickly, so I wind up having to get it wet a lot. I'm still trying to figure out the porosity and the protein/moisture balance.

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,983Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  You may find you have less breakage now that you're treating your hair properly.  Hopefully your hair will grow fast, and you'll love it at all the in-between lengths!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Is your hair fine? My hair is fine and snaps easily and not necessarily at the ends either.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome, @lolololori! Glad you've joined us!  Happy that you've found a routine that is working for you. Post some pix!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  I ended up chopping off my long hair when I started CGM and also going through the journey of growing it long.   I feel like my hair is growing pretty fast.  I read that massaging your roots while you co-wash really helps stimulate growth.  I sometimes use a vibrated scalp brush while co-washing.  I can't say for sure that's what is helping my growth, but it doesn't seem to hurt :)  good luck! 
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file