Type 2a/2b fine hair?

sianb86sianb86 Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi there! I am new to the nsturslln curly website and I am also new to my curly hair. I have recently decided to embrace my curls after many years of over using heat which has resulted in very bad hair loss. I am trying to work out what hair type I have and I think it is 2a/2b? Can anyone help me determine which it is? Also I am UK based and I am really struggling with finding tutorials and product recommendations for fine/thin curly girl method hair products? Does anyone have any recommendations for those too? I am really looking forward to my curly hair journey and to hearing from you guys :). Sian 

Best Answers

• IngebjovIngebjov Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
    Accepted Answer
    Hello, and welcome! 
    I'm a fairy new CG myself (with fine/thin hair), also based in Europe :)

This article has helped me a lot:
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/wavy-hair-type-2/fine-curlies

In short: Mousse instead of curl cream, because creams are heavy. Or just use less product. I myself search for products that are lightweight, JessiCurl has a series for our hair type called Light and luminous, they are greeeat! Do you have JessiCurl in the UK?

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,623 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Here's a great page with recommendations for fine/low porosity hair
    Some of the budget items may not be available to you, but some of those brands can be had in the UK.  And it gives good advice in general.

You can also do the texture quiz here to find out more about your hair.  https://www.naturallycurly.com/quiz

Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• sianb86sianb86 Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi there! 
    Thank you so much for your comment. I have taken the texture quiz since reading your comment and I think I am a 2c but sometimes after a few days my hair can become a little more 2b! Thank you for your reccomendations, I really appreciate your feedback :-). Sian 
  • sianb86sianb86 Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi @Ingebjov for the reccomendations! I shall have a look into those product lines now. Great help. Also, as you mention we have similar hair, can I ask, how do you sleep in yours without crushing your curls and also, how do you style it in between washes to get the curls back? I am trying to only wash my hair twice a week and I am having to wet the bottom half of it daily to get the definition in my curls back! Thank you again. Sian :-)
  • IngebjovIngebjov Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I'm definitely struggling with my curls over night! They lose aaaall their definition, so I have to refresh every morning with water as you do! Then I add gel, and nothing else. But I think many people refresh with water, especially wavies :) Then I add a bit of gel for the hold, no more product or it will get heavy and gross..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file