Timing??

drile1421drile1421 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
So, I have naturally 2a/3a/3b/3c curls. I started transitioning to natural hair after 17 and a half years thinking my hair was naturally straight. When I first started transitioning, I was on an extremely limited budget and could only afford one product - ORS Olive Oil Strengthen and Replenish Nourishing Conditioner. I was using that for my co-wash then using it as a deep conditioner as you're supposed to. It was working well until about a month or two ago, when my hair became consistently greasy, flat, and frizzy, as well as straight. I decided I needed to invest in hair products better for my hair type, and I can now as my budget has changed. I'm now using Cantu's moisturizing cream shampoo and rinse out conditioner, followed by scrunching dry with a microfiber towel/100% cotton T-shirt, then applying SheaMoisture's coconut and hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie. So far, the results are great. My concern though, is that because of the intense range of hair types, and as I'm almost certain that once my hair has become more healthy it'll be much more 3b/3c type, as it becomes healthier, the regimen and products that are working now will stop working and I'll be at a loss again. I'm also very confused about how long it can take for my hair to be its natural, healthy state? Does anyone have any advice, suggestions, or potentially helpful links?

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,781Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  How long your hair takes to become healthy is really dependent on how damaged it was when you started.  If you used a straightening iron or heavily bleached your hair or used other chemical processes, you may have to wait until it all grows out.  If it's just been neglected, it might not take that long. 

Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file