DIY Leave in Conditioner for curl Refresh??? 2b 2c waves

nikkirose2305nikkirose2305 Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

I have SM:Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner I don't want to waste (too heavy)   -- how would you dilute it to be used in a spray bottle to refresh curls ?? i.e.; 50/50 25/75 Cond. to Water 
- 2c-3a Waves/Curls 
- Curly Girl Method Follower 
- Currently Working On My Routine 
- Product Junkie 

Best Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    You'll need enough water to thin it enough so it works in a spray bottle.  I probably wouldn't measure anything.  Just put some in a bottle, add water and shake, see if the sprayer works.  When you spray it on your hand, it should feel kind of slimey/slippery.  If it doesn't, add more conditioner to it.  I'd probably start with 3 or 4 pumps of the conditioner to start with.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    When I am making it like that, I have to start with VERY hot water to get it to dissolve for me, but I'm also not very patient with it, lol
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Accepted Answer
    Glad it worked for you 😁
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

Answers

• nikkirose2305nikkirose2305 Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    @Keeyamah, I did JUST THAT!!! I even heated it and whisked it "mini science experiment" style. I used about 2-3 tbsp of conditioner and a good tablespoon of L.A.Looks gel ... 16oz bottle? Came out pretty good! 
    - 2c-3a Waves/Curls 
    - Product Junkie 
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Posts: 543Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    edited October 2018
    I use DevaCurl One Conditioner and do a ~25:75 ratio.  Lesser on the conditioner.  I usually finish up with wetting my hands and scrunching.  too much conditioner in my mixture (I've tried lighter conditioner as well) and it builds up on my hair and feels dirty.
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
  • nikkirose2305nikkirose2305 Posts: 11Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    edited October 2018
    @tinksaysboo, I actually think I did OK for a first go; however, I just got a "misting bottle" and am going to transfer the mix to see if it does even better as a refresh. I used about 2 TBSP of the conditioner and 1TBSP of LALooks gel use hot water and then microwave it 30 seconds then whisk it to dissolve -- it seems to reactivate product and add a bit of moisture I scrunch and diffuse for a minute or two and I'm good to go. 
    - 2c-3a Waves/Curls 
    - Product Junkie 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file