sulfate shampoo inbetween low pooing

curly01curly01 Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I use Deva products.  I use the low poo but I'm finding that especially when the weather is real dry out, the low poo OR products build up and my hair starts to feel heavy and oily.  What is a good either sulfate shampoo or cleansing poo to get everything out?  I have some Ouidad water works and used that today and hair feels better.  Anyone else have the same issues with low poos?

Answers

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to clarify with a sulfate shampoo about every couple of weeks, due to dandruff. So a lot of us do need to, for a variety of reasons. I use a cheap dandruff shampoo to clarify with. 
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I have the same problem.  I use an Aveda shampoo once a week or so.  The low poos just don't seem to clean my hair very well.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • curly01curly01 Posts: 96Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Guide 65 said:
    I have the same problem.  I use an Aveda shampoo once a week or so.  The low poos just don't seem to clean my hair very well.

Which Aveda shampoo do you use?
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think that Deva Curl low poo is famous for not removing build up. I personally will use Neutrogena Anti Residue once a month.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    curly01 said:
    Guide 65 said:

Which Aveda shampoo do you use?
    It's the Rosemary and Mint shampoo.  It has 1 sulfate, and it's halfway down the list, so not as harsh as a lot of others.  I'm not necessarily recommending it, I just happen to have some in my cupboard.  I think I've been working on that same bottle for nearly 2 years now!  It lasts a long time when you only use it occasionally!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • MafiaPrincessMafiaPrincess Posts: 57Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    If your hair is feeling dull and weighed down, then by all means grab a sulfate shampoo and wash out all that gunk. You can follow this up with a moisturising silicone free hair masque. But get it done and your curls will be able to breathe again!
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I use the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo. It's a simple sulfate shampoo--not a lot of ingredients.I clarify usually every other week because I get build-up easily and my low poo doesn't do such a great job on build-up.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file