My stylist just texted me that Lorraine Massey will be at her salon

foggybrainfoggybrain Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I know she's really making the rounds if she's coming to our podunk town, lol. Still, I'm dying to ask the most basic of questions.

But maybe y'all can help me too. We have a water softener and my hair is just too - well, soft. I use hard hold gels, so I kinda need a leave-in or a lightweight excellent rinse-out. Or not. I'm open to suggestions.

Anything you want me to ask her?

2c/3a; moderately coarse; low porosity; medium density
Still looking for HG products
Live where it's perpetually Springtime with fog and wind

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,722Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I'm so jealous! She is such an idol of mine.
    My hair hates soft water but luckily I rarely go anywhere that has it, so I don't have any advice. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • foggybrainfoggybrain Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was amazing! It was supposed to go from 2:00 to 4:00, but when I left at 5:15, she was still going strong. She's so lovely, positive and encouraging. She cut my stylist's hair (took off the last of her color revealing all gorgeous gray)  and did trimmed up some other folks. She transformed a woman who'd blown out her hair with just the usual refresher spray. It was kind of shocking how much difference there was before and after. 

Anyway, if you ever have the chance, don't miss talking to her. She is a genuinely warm and caring person.

As to my soft water problem, she advised not using a rinse out and using lots less product overall. Tomorrow is cleanse day, so here's hoping.
    2c/3a; moderately coarse; low porosity; medium density
    Still looking for HG products
    Live where it's perpetually Springtime with fog and wind
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,980Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    How exciting that you got to meet her!  I'd love to get a chance to meet her someday.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I found out years ago she came to my town in 2012. I was still fighting my curls at that time thinking I had bad hair. I didn’t know of Lorraine then but wish I had so I could go see her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file