Only Just Started (Help With Curl Type? 2b or 2c?

cheeziswincheeziswin Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hey there! I'm a very new curly here. Only been sulfate free and hair brush free for maybe a month. Still trying to get the hang of things and find out which products will work best for me - and how many I need to use. From the tests I took, it says I have fine and thin hair so I shouldn't use much product but then I have high porosity so I need to use more... doing my best to find a happy medium! :joy: 

I got my curly red hair from my dad, but my sister and my mother both have - so all my life I've been brushing my hair with a regular brush and using sulfates and in general a whole bunch of yikes :grimace: But I'm happy to finally start treating my hair how it was actually meant to be treated.

The only thing I've needed help with so far is my actual hair type, because from all the stuff I've read and watched, I'm conflicted. I have some parts of my hair that stay a bit more straight, especially on the bottom layer - like a 2b. But I also have Shirley Temple curls in other areas, especially the shorter strands of my hair near the front of my face - like a 2c. Am I a 2b with some flukey parts to my hair? Or am I a 2c and I only have straighter parts because my hair is weighed down/I've only just started the CGM? Help is appreciated!

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,698Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  We all have different curl patterns on our head.  And then those of us on the wavy side have a weaker curl pattern, so sometimes they'll spring up into proper curls, and sometimes they just relax into waves. 

Your hair looks beautiful in your profile picture!  We're glad you've joined!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,795Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Welcome to CurlTalk, @cheeziswin!
    Your hair color is so beautiful! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file