Too many political signs?

GretchenGretchen AdministratorModerators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
I mentioned in another thread that my husband recently retired from a long-time job. It was in journalism. I, too, am a former journalist.  So for all our lives we have been unable to have political signs in our yard or sign petitions, etc.  For ethical reasons.... journalists must remain neutral in public.  
But now that he's no longer a journalist..... oooooooooboy!  I'm putting up all kinda signs in my yard! So fun and so liberating! 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Plz, don't take offense, but I hate all the signs around town & all the ads on tv.  

From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm afraid I'm with Lotsa on this one. they drive me mad! We have local council elections coming up and the amount of signage is ridiculous. 
    I think things are different here though - no-one puts up signs in their yards.
    3b in South Australia.
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    I pull them up if they are in my vicinity if they don't have a permit. Politicians are the only ones who seem to believe they can skirt the rules because its election time. Yes, it's a losing battle.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I believe Texas and the United States are in such dire straits that I will put up with the clutter of signage and political ads if it helps effect change. 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    Yay for you @Gretchen!  Being super involved in politics for many decades (and having designed many signs over the years), thanks for putting up signs in support of your candidates! 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file