Struggling with my daughters hair

Emery48Emery48 Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi! I have a 7 year old girl shes mixed so shes spanish and black so her hair is a little tough to deal with.  Her nana took her to the hair salon and had it relaxed (with my permission of course) I thought this was going to make things better but honestly I don’t even know what to do anymore. It’s really curly in the roots but then half way it’s completely straightened. Also when I straighten it the roots will not straighten it just stays curly idk what to do anymore! HELP!!

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 910Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Its straight half way down because of the relaxer. And her roots are curly presumably because they haven't been relaxed.
    For kids, it's best to put them in some sort of protective style. You can cornrows her hair and she can wear the style for days. You can also do twists. There are many protective options.
    I recommend going sulfate and silicone free. Shea Moisture makes kid lines but the adult lines work too. This will just keep her hair moisturized. There is always the option of an afro puff too for a hair style if her hair is not behaving that day.
    It's best to work with her hair than against it, so don't try to straighten it. She's a kid so even if her hair is less than perfect, it's okay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file