A new haircut with a different stylist and new gc Product Line called Ecru Curl Perfect

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I went to Leslie Ellen (Leslie Loves Curls) for a new haircut because I wasn't happy with my former stylist.  Leslie Ellen really listened to what I wanted and I'm much happier with my new haircut, but also she used CG products that I am really liking.  It's a line called Ecru Curl Perfect.  Leslie used the defining styling potion and the rejuvenating moisture mist. I was so pleased with how my hair felt and behaved with these products that I bought both.  They are pricey but I think worth it. I really like the ingredients. I lost my sense of smell a while back so I can't speak to the fragrance but with the very little product that Leslie Ellen used I actually got second day hair! This never, ever happens to me.  I'll update when I have tried using them myself.  Has anyone else tried this?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Glad you got a good haircut!  I've never heard of that line.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for chiming in Guide 65.  :)  I have to truly compliment Leslie Ellen - she really listened to what I wanted.  So easy to work with!  
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    So happy for you, CP!  What a great feeling...
    Haven't heard of that line but will keep an eye out for it!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks, Gretchen.  I think it's a very new line.  When my haircut is good I get carried away and want to duplicate it exactly so I end up buying whatever the stylist used LOL.  Leslie Ellen doesn't get commission on it though and didn't push it at all.  She just said she liked it and she is very trustworthy.  I tried to give her a 25% tip and she would only take 20%.  Now that's amazing!!
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurlyPearl, isn't it a gift when you get a great cut?  Last week I also got a new cut at Jonathan Torch's Curly Hair Institute.  My stylist Nikki, knows exactly what to do with my hair even helping with suggestions for my changing hair because of perimenopause.  

My new cut is so much easier to style, and her product use suggestions (Curl Keeper line) which I've used for years were modified to suit my lack of density.  

I'm so glad you decided to break away from an unsatisfactory salon.  It's hard to do but worth it.  

Btw, it was really neat to be in the same room as JT!  He was working with a client in the next chair...

I could have had an appointment with him but stupidly didn't want him to see the embarrassing condition of my hair....anyway enough about me...enjoy your new cut!
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Ondulee said:
    CurlyPearl, isn't it a gift when you get a great cut?  Last week I also got a new cut at Jonathan Torch's Curly Hair Institute.  My stylist Nikki, knows exactly what to do with my hair even helping with suggestions for my changing hair because of perimenopause.  

My new cut is so much easier to style, and her product use suggestions (Curl Keeper line) which I've used for years were modified to suit my lack of density.  

I'm so glad you decided to break away from an unsatisfactory salon.  It's hard to do but worth it.  

Btw, it was really neat to be in the same room as JT!  He was working with a client in the next chair...

I could have had an appointment with him but stupidly didn't want him to see the embarrassing condition of my hair....anyway enough about me...enjoy your new cut!
    Jonathan is such a great guy. He's so friendly and genuine. You're so lucky to live near his salon!  Next time, when your hair's in better shape, you'll have to see him for your cut! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For sure!
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Ondulee, I'm so happy for you that you also got a great cut!  I have wished Jonathan Torch would open a salon in Manhattan (NYC), but now that I have Leslie Ellen, we both have great haircuts.  It does make a world of difference.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file