Does anyone know what hair type I am?

SydneyraynelleSydneyraynelle Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
This was after a devacut and the stylist put b leave in and wave maker in my hair and did some type of finger twist. I have not been able to get it this curly but I was trying to figure out my type so I can find the right products. 

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'm guessing maybe 2b. The bottom curls in this pic look a little curlier than that, but it sounds as if the stylist used finger twisting to push the curl pattern there, since you say you don't get it this curly.

As far as picking products goes, generally curl type doesn't have a lot to do with what products work for your hair. The more important things have to do with your hair's porosity (low/high) and your hair's width (fine/coarse). Low-porosity hair often gets build-up easily, so butters and creams sometimes don't work very well. Butters and creams can also weigh your hair down if it is on the fine side.

It is also important to experiment with protein in products to determine how your hair reacts to protein (does it like protein, and if so, how often?).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • SydneyraynelleSydneyraynelle Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Therese1 said:
    I'm guessing maybe 2b. The bottom curls in this pic look a little curlier than that, but it sounds as if the stylist used finger twisting to push the curl pattern there, since you say you don't get it this curly.

As far as picking products goes, generally curl type doesn't have a lot to do with what products work for your hair. The more important things have to do with your hair's porosity (low/high) and your hair's width (fine/coarse). Low-porosity hair often gets build-up easily, so butters and creams sometimes don't work very well. Butters and creams can also weigh your hair down if it is on the fine side.

It is also important to experiment with protein in products to determine how your hair reacts to protein (does it like protein, and if so, how often?).
    okay awesome! Thank you! I have low porosity and fine hair! Is it possible to get my hair to be curly eventually or will it stay like this?I don't want the "you're supposed to  love your hair natural and the way it is" comments either. Its  question out of curiosity cause I do love my hair the way it is! 
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If it's not damaged, it would probably only be able to get to 2c. However, finger coiling like your stylist did is always an option. No shame in manipulating your hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file