3B Hair, Feeling frustrated with the amount of frizz and lack of shine

adessakadessak Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
Hi all, I used to live in the Bay Area and my curls would always look so nice. Since moving to Chicago, I'm in a constant battle of keeping product on my hair (seems like as soon as I get out of the house, the product leaves my hair), keeping it moisturized, and define. It just looks dull and frizzy all the time. :( it also just doesn't feel soft. Especially when I shampoo (no sulfate) it feels incredibly disgusting 

any advice is appreciated.

More info:
-I wash my hair every 3 days, alternating between just conditioners, or shampoo and conditioners. no sulfates or -cones. 
-Once I get out, my hair doesnt feel very soft. I used leave-in conditioner, then kinky curls gel

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  The change could be because of the weather, or even the water, if one location has soft water the other has hard water.  I'm guessing you need more hydration - so a good conditioner and lots left in.  And you might want to pick up some Ion or Malibu hard water shampoo to get the hard water mineral buildup out of your hair.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Definitely up the moisture and deep condition once a week. You may want to try sealing in moisture either with a gel or oil. Dull hair may signal build up so use a sulfate if you think this may be a cause. It will also help products work better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file