Random Changes in Hair?

Cass1208Cass1208 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hello all!! I’m 20 years old and always had soft, healthy curls. I’ve only straightened my hair once in my entire life, never diffuse, completely sulfate/ silicone/ etc. free. I never towel dry my hair, and always sleep on a satin pillow case. I follow all the “rules” and for some reason my hair lately has gotten poofy, frizzy, really undefined, and lost some of its curl. It’s still soft but VERY puffy. And I’ve never had that problem before. I just recently moved out of state and was wondering if maybe the hard water or weather changes could cause this? I haven’t changed my routine. I have a water filter and it helped a bit but it’s still super puffy. Anybody possibly have any tips to try to get my curls back? 

If it helps I don’t have a lot of hair, it’s pretty fine, gets weighed down easily, some parts are more wavy but definitely have some curls in there. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It could be the water or climate. It could also be build up if you don't regularly clarify with sulfate shampoo.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    If you search the Science-y Hair Blog, you can find a post on hard water and how it affects your hair. Maybe that would be useful to you?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Cass1208Cass1208 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you both so much for responding to my post!! I'll definitely look into hard water more though, I hadn't put too much thought into the water after I got the filter but maybe its just not doing enough. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file