When Was The Last Time You Went Out On A "Real" Date?

LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
I'm talking about dressing up & going to a very nice, romantic restaurant. I think it has been about 4 years for me.  I can't seem to find men who want to pamper a woman.  I end up at pizza joints or sports bars.  AND I don't like pizza or sports.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• KeeyamahKeeyamah Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Connoisseur
    Ummmmmm, shoot....... I don't know if I ever have...
    Fine, low porosity at the roots, high porosity at the ends, medium to med-high density 2b/c
    Lo-Poo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather
    Leave-in: Diluted Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Rinse out: Tresemme Botanique with Coconut milk and Aloe Vera
    Curl Creams: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair and Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gels: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted and LA Looks Sport Gel
    Treatments: Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Deep Conditioner 

Follow my oldest's Acute Lymphblastic Leukemia journey https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/quinntiegs

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    It's been a long time. 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    edited September 2018
    I usually do stuff like that for my birthday, his birthday, our anniversary, mother's day, father's day, or maybe for some random reason. But I haven't done it w/ the current guy. Hmmmmm trying to recall, maybe Valentine's Day w/ previous bf? No, we were on the rocks and I don't think we celebrated it. Hmmmm, now I'm going way back. Maybe as a family for the kids' birthdays in Nov and Dec or his family' catered Thanksgiving? No, you said date. I'm guessing it would have been 13 months ago for my birthday. But, for the life of me, I can't remember where.

This was one but I can't remember the occasion. Maybe the wait staff was singing me HB??

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    SL, I love your hair.  
    I
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Thinking, thinking.....nope, can't remember.
    3b in South Australia.
    SL, I love your hair.  
    I
    Awww thank you! <3

• JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    Feb 14th, I believe 5 years ago. Last year/attempt me and my ex were trying again. I actually took him out on a date because it's his birthday. He still got me flowers and a nice gift for vday though. 
    I'm talking about dressing up & going to a very nice, romantic restaurant. I think it has been about 4 years for me.  I can't seem to find men who want to pamper a woman.  I end up at pizza joints or sports bars.  AND I don't like pizza or sports.
    Ha and i cant seem to find guys here that like and want to watch sports with me. I love sports bars. 
    Josephine, sorry but V'day doesn't count & you planning & paying doesn't count.  
    From Michael Berg:

Josephine, sorry but V'day doesn't count & you planning & paying doesn't count.  
    Haha okay. So on a non holiday and when a guy took me out, it was probably same guy, same year. He did like to go out on nice dates. He took me out way more than I took him out when I think about it. I probably only did a few times the whole time we were together.  They were nice, dress up, picked me up with flowers. 
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Thinking again and came up with one - dinner for our 30th anniversary 2 1/2 years ago. Lovely restaurant by the sea, but the food was a bit disappointing.
    3b in South Australia.
    I'm talking about a date.  Not an occasion.  It's when a man wants to take you out & wine & dine you, just cuz.  I know I'm being difficult here.  :)
    From Michael Berg:

Lol yes you are but I know what you are getting at. Luckily my ex did that. I don't understand couples where its accepted that the romance dies.

I lied, I did go on a date in Barbados 2.5 years ago. He picked me up, we went to a really nice dinner and then another fun bar after. That was my only real date after my ex. A lot of people here seem like they go on a lot of real dates and I dont know how are by whom. But I think it's older men or really rich men a little traditional that do this early on when they barely know someone. 
    edited October 2018
    I think this should be easy to do when you're in an established relationship, right? If you tell them that's what you want to do that wknd? (Or does it have to be the guy's idea, too? LOL)

One of my besties is male, and he's never been married, no kids, barely dates. He makes good money and has lots of free time. But no woman. So i'm his default date. It's been like this for almost 17 yrs. (As much **** as I talk about the men who've been in my life, I do need to acknowledge how, mostly, generous and open minded they've been in tolerating this friendship. Thanks, guys!) So yeah, he's not exactly metrosexual but he hears about cool stuff to do, always has tickets for this or that. I go places w/ him when I'm free. Sometimes we go dutch (mainly if i'm in a relationship....just in case it comes up....) or we take turns treating each other, tho he treats me more than vice versa. 

Not exactly a date but I get out of the house, wearing heels, with a man occasionally.

I think this should be easy to do when you're in an established relationship, right? If you tell them that's what you want to do that wknd? (Or does it have to be the guy's idea, too? LOL)

One of my besties is male, and he's never been married, no kids, barely dates. He makes good money and has lots of free time. But no woman. So i'm his default date. It's been like this for almost 17 yrs. (As much **** as I talk about the men who've been in my life, I do need to acknowledge how, mostly, generous and open minded they've been in tolerating this friendship. Thanks, guys!) So yeah, he's not exactly metrosexual but he hears about cool stuff to do, always has tickets for this or that. I go places w/ him when I'm free. Sometimes we go dutch (mainly if i'm in a relationship....just in case it comes up....) or we take turns treating each other, tho he treats me more than vice versa. 

Not exactly a date but I get out of the house, wearing heels, with a man occasionally.
    Ooh this is what I'd love. I had a friend  in Atlanta(female) I would do this with. I like dressing up and going out, and yes maybe it looked like a gay date. But the women I've met here apparently have guys to do this stuff with and don't seem to care for nice dinners, etc with female friends. Some are also just cheap and won't pay for it themselves. Shows, sometimes, yes. It's a bit frustrating because I don't like going out alone(although I do sometimes) and I'm not waiting around for some dude to do things I like. 

When my ex took me out, it was his idea.

As far as insignificant men taking you all out, I've always been a bit uneasy about it. There is a guy I met a couple weeks ago who wants to go out and I can tell he wants to do an elaborate date but I don't like him like that.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm talking about a date.  Not an occasion.  It's when a man wants to take you out & wine & dine you, just cuz.  I know I'm being difficult here.  :)
    3 and a half years.....
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    So I'm going on a real one in a couple weeks when a 'friend' is coming in town from Germany. Woohoo! Apparently somewhere really, really nice. 
  • tinksaysbootinksaysboo Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 543 Curl Virtuoso
    My last real date was in July (first date since a break up in December 2016).  I met him "naturally" (in other words, at a friends 4th of July party and not through a dating app). He picked a seafood restaurant but didn't like seafood and spent a lot of time trying to convince me I should get dual citizenship with another country because "it's useful to not be American sometimes".  It wasn't so much that I had an issue with this, but it's more he talked about it as it's common for people to seek out duel citizenships as adults.  

I really hate dating.  Spinsterhood is starting to look very appealing.  
    2c/3a | low porosity | fine/medium | low/medium density| protein,coconut, and green tea sensitive | Modified CGM

Low-Poo:  Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream
    Sulfate Wash: Aveda Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner: DevalCurl One Condition
    Leave-In Conditioner: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
    Curl Enhancer: Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion
    Gel: Jessicurl Spiralicious Gel
    LOL, there are a lot of weirdos out there. 
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    why would anyone pick a restaurant with a type of food they don't like? weirdo!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    That doesn't make any sense, at all.  
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file