Need help on how to address bad cut at Ouidad

rswrsw Posts: 69Registered Users Curl Novice
Hi any thoughts on how to remedy a bad haircut with pieces too short in front and layers in very tight 3C hair?

I had not got hair cut in 1.7 months and it was very long (although much easier to manager vs. shorter).
I randomly walked into Ouidad NYC in mid August. Had consult, felt comfortable with stylist and we agreed, cut no more than 2 inches in back, leave front pieces as it -- although she said she'd just "clean it up" (uh oh). And,  she suggested I put in a few long layers "to create movement." I NEVER agree to layers, so not sure why I agreed.

1- Layers - huge mistake - it's poofy 
2- Front - She chopped up front pieces - they were already short, and her clean up consisted of angling -- and making lots of little short pieces -- so those now are too short and FRIZZY. When dry they maybe hit my chin (and they need to be about 2 inches below chin).

I feel like she didn't realize type of hair I have and now I HAVE A MULLETish cut.   I went for consult with Carlos downtown - but he said I have to wait until it grows (vs. cutting it shorter).

HELP. Do I return to Ouidad and show them their BAD work?  What can I do?

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Depending how long ago you got it cut, like a weekish, I would contact the salon. Another option for the short pieces is to style your hair so it clumps and cut the ends so they are straight and not angled. Perhaps the salon can help clean it up if they cut it while dry as opposed to wet. Just a few thoughts. I'm sorry you experienced this.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I would say it is too late if the cut was 6 weeks ago.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file