I hate my wavy hair!

WavylizWavyliz Posts: 5Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I love everyone else’s wavy hair/curly hair! But my wavy hair is so gross looking. It looks like a  cocker spaniel got caught in the rain. Sometimes my hair is pretty and wavy and bouncy, but sometimes it’s staight-ish and gross looking.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,984Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Having wavy hair is a trial!  I get mine looking good for a few days, and then it all goes kerblooey.  Who knows why...  My hair was looking so good, but now it's gone frizzy and tangled. 

Just don't forget that when you're looking at hair pictures online, you're only seeing their best days.  I think everyone has bad days, they just don't post them for the world to see!
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I saw your other thread with pics, and it looks to me like you might have build-up and protein overload. Sometimes low-porosity hair doesn't like a lot of protein. Low-porosity hair also is prone to getting build-up. You could try doing a sulfate cleanse to get rid of build-up and then trying a protein-free regimen to see if that improves things. Be careful of hidden proteins, like grain extracts.

It might also be possible that polyquats are building up on your hair. My hair gets greasy and heavy with use of polyquats, so I have to avoid them. It takes me a few washes with a sulfate poo to get them out. It is tough because they are in everything, it seems.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file