Is this CG Approved?

KerrBearrxoKerrBearrxo Posts: 36Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
hi guys I use this to lay my frizzy bits on the side of my head and seems to be the only thing that works but was just wondering if it’s Curly Girl Method approved as I’m currently following that method 

Answers

• CurlyLiliCurlyLili Posts: 69Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    edited September 2018
    Beeswax and petrolatum are not good. I would suggest DevaCurl Beautiful mess pomade.
    Type: 3a/3b
    Hair strand thickness: medium/coarse
    Density: thick
    Porosity: low at roots/normal mid-shaft/high at ends
    Sensitivity to protein: no

Cleanse: DC Low-poo
    Clarify: Build up buster, Malibu-C Un do goo
    DT: DC Melt into moisture, Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein Treatment, occasional fermented rice water
    Condition: DC One Condition Original and One Condition Decadence
    Style: DC ArcAngel, DC UDG, Curl Keeper Original, Jessicurl Confident coils, Spiralicious, Deva B'leave in

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It's unlikely that this product will be removed by co-washing only, because as @CurlyLili
    points out, it has beeswax and petrolatum at the top of the ingredients list, and those can cause build-up. You could use a low poo every now and then to remove the build-up if you want to continue using this product.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • KerrBearrxoKerrBearrxo Posts: 36Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the replies. I only co wash once a week and use a CG approved shampoo (sulphate free) once a week to wash my hair, so will that remove the petroltaum and beeswax? I can't purchase Deva Curl products as I'm in the UK and they don't sell them here
  • CurlyLiliCurlyLili Posts: 69Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur

DT: DC Melt into moisture, Curly Hair Solutions Pure Silk Protein Treatment, occasional fermented rice water
    Style: DC ArcAngel, DC UDG, Curl Keeper Original, Jessicurl Confident coils, Spiralicious, Deva B'leave in

I don't have experience with it, but maybe this can help: https://curltalk.naturallycurly.com/discussion/32568/how-to-remove-beeswax

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I would continue doing what you're doing and just keep an eye on it. If the area of hair that you use the pomade on starts getting greasy or overly dry and washing with the sulfate-free poo doesn't fix it, then you might have build-up from the petrolatum and beeswax. In that case, I would cleanse that part of your hair with a sulfate shampoo, which should fix the problem.

I used to use a styling wax that had candelia wax in it, and I didn't have any problem with build-up. My sulfate-free poo was able to remove the product.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file