Curly as a kid; straight(er) now?

GretchenGretchen AdministratorModerators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
Anyone have curly hair as a kid and have straight or less curly hair now? 

Gretchen
NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
3A

You are beautiful!

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Opposite for me. A 2a wave as a child. 2c now. I'm interested to know if anyone has experienced this that does not factor in hair damage sustained as an adult.
  • cnic216cnic216 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 157 Curl Connoisseur
    When I was little (toddler), looking back at my photos, my hair looks to be 4a/4b. It's tough to tell what my curl type was between the ages of about 4 - 16 because I always wore it straightened. Now that I've been natural since 2010, I'd say my  curls have loosened (compared to my toddler years) slightly to be mostly 3c with some 4a mostly in very back of my head. When I first started transitioning, my curl pattern was a mixture of stick straight to 3b curls. 
  • mpapsonmpapson Registered Users Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
    My daughter was a curly baby so I have always used CG on her hair. Now she is almost 8 and her hair is straight. Is there harm in continuing CG with her or should I switch to a sulfate free shampoo?
  • elizaaaaafkfndicn12345elizaaaaafkfndicn12345 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    When I was a little girl, my hair was naturally really curly. Over the years my hair started to get wavy. When I was in 7th grade, I always wanted straight hair like the other girls so I decided to straighten my hair. I did it almost everyday and it damaged my hair. Now that I think about it I really regret it because I want my curly/wavy hair back. After 2 years I stopped using heat on my hair, and my hair started to become way more wavier and a little bit curly. Now I just want my hair to be really curly like back when I was a child.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file