No poo itchy scalp!

MuskanMuskan Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I recently started using the devacurl nopoo shampoo. I know that the transition from shampoo to nopoo is supposed to involve some oily days but: I usually shampoo my hair on the 4th day. Now with the nopoo my hair is oily the second day, which I’m still okay with, but I get an itchy scalp too. Is nopoo still the way for me or should I try something else?

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    How long have you been on this method? If several months, you may consider clarifying.
    Itchy scalp tends to be build up on the scalp. Make sure that as you rinsing the no poo, massage your scalp in an attempt to remove all of it. Also try to keep conditioner and styling products off your scalp.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Some people get itchy scalp from Deva No Poo. I would try something else. As I Am makes a co-wash, or you could try a sulfate-free shampoo. Generally, people with dry hair or very porous hair do better with co-washes, while people with low-porosity hair do better with shampoo.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file