Best way to keep waves/curl defined days after?

crystalbellariocrystalbellario Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
I'm having this issue when on the first day I have nice defined waves, but the 2nd, and 3rd day are very loose, flat waves. I don't sleep with a satin pillowcase, but I do plop my hair when I sleep. I'm mostly looking for product recommendations. I started the CG method a couple of months ago, but only did for a month because I got a bit lazy. I'm restarting now, so maybe I just need to keep doing it? 

1st day

2nd day

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Do you use a hard-hold gel?

The plopping might be causing some frizz, since I assume you're not plopping in something made from silk. The friction of the curls against the fabric of the plop will create frizz as you toss and turn at night.

Have you tried pineappling?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • crystalbellariocrystalbellario Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Therese1 said:
    Do you use a hard-hold gel?

The plopping might be causing some frizz, since I assume you're not plopping in something made from silk. The friction of the curls against the fabric of the plop will create frizz as you toss and turn at night.

Have you tried pineappling?

I don't use hard hold gel, what's one you would recommend?
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hard-hold gel is generally required for waves and curls to hold all day and into days 2, 3, ... (if you're lucky). Many people on the forum like the LA Looks gel, which can be bought at the drugstore. Another favorite is Eco Styler (there are a few different versions of this one).

I personally like the Kenra Firm Hold Gel (no. 17). 

After your hair dries with the gel, you scrunch your hair with your hands to break the gel cast so that the hair doesn't have that "wet" look that comes with gel. After you break the gel cast, the hair should be in nicely defined waves and curls.

At night, you could try pineappling, which is basically making a ponytail that sits on top of your head. You don't want the ponytail too tight--people generally use a scrunchie so that they don't get an indentation on their hair. This way the waves stay off the pillowcase, and it's only the underside of the hair that gets frizzed up from friction on the pillowcase.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file