2 months in and my hair feels dirty and itchy

pgirlnew2curlspgirlnew2curls Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi Wavies!  

I'm feeling discouraged and disappointed.  Two months into my curl journey and my hair/head is feeling dirty and itchy.  Here is my current routine:

Co wash - As I am Coconut
Condish - Down Under Naturals
Leave in - Down Under Naturals
Curl Cream - Curls - Creme Brulee
Mousse - Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus
Plop - 10 mins
Diffuse 50% - air dry with roots clipped
SMASTERS with Gel - CURLS - Blueberry Bliss Jelly
Air Dry to 100%

On no wash days I spritz to about 50% wet with leave in (made with a little Down Under Naturals and water) and use Curls Blueberry Bliss Gel with water to revive my curls.  Mostly air dry but sometimes I diffuse

I clarify and deep condition about once a month and have done one protein treatment with food grade gelatin.  I sometimes throw in a no poo instead of co-wash (CURLS no poo).  

I can only go one day before I need to wash again as my hair and scalp feel dirty and itchy.  I'm disappointed and feeling defeated.  Any suggestions??

Thank you!

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    Agree with hmr. I would add that it is good to clarify with a sulfate once a month if you are not already. And sometimes we do a bit of product overload that makes our hair feel dirty. Also try to keep products off your scalp and make sure to rinse conditioner off your scalp well.

Answers

• hmr1016hmr1016 Posts: 66Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had this problem for a while and find that these things help: using a low lather sulfate free shampoo interchangeably with a cowash, washing my hair with a scalp massager, ACV rinses, and massaging castor oil into my scalp occasionally. If you need to wash your hair every other day, that's okay! Everyone's hair and scalp is different!
    Current 2B/2C Routine:
    Cleanse -  NYM Curl Talk Shampoo or NYM Clean Freak Cleansing Conditioner
    Condition - Elucence Moisure Balance Conditioner
    Treatments - Olaplex (step 3) or Elucence Moisture Repair Treatment
    Style -  Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave In + AG Re:Coil

• pgirlnew2curlspgirlnew2curls Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Ladies! Thank you so much for your advice!  I did an ACV rinse tonight - I’m amazed at the difference in my hair!!  It’s feels clean and soft and it’s shiny!!  Without any product my curls look healthy and soft!  I am going to use a bit of product tomorrow and can’t wait to see the results !  
    How often should I be using the ACV rinse?  
    Thanks again for your suggestions!  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file