Hair type and product advice

rosiegray11rosiegray11 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi everyone, 
I am a few months into the curly girl method and am struggling with finding products that will work best with my hair. I have fairly fine hair and almost certain it's high porosity. I know that hair type isn't the biggest factor in product selection, but I am curious as to what hair type I have. I think it might be a mix of 2c/3a but again, I am new to this so I am just trying to figure everything out. If you think that we might have a similar hair type/texture, please share any advice on products or routine!

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I'd say you were 2c/3a. What are your complaints about your hair? For instance, does it get weighed down, lose definition/frizz, is it dry?
  • rosiegray11rosiegray11 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    BrittanyM said:
    I'd say you were 2c/3a. What are your complaints about your hair? For instance, does it get weighed down, lose definition/frizz, is it dry?
    Honestly all of the above! I have died and used heat on my hair for YEARS (I haven't since April) but because of all that, my hair gets dry and frizzy really easy. It also gets weighed down easily, but it's hard to find a balance between giving my hair enough moisture without getting weighed down. I struggle some days with my curls clumping and find that they lose definition only a few hours after my hair has fully dried. 
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair looks rather healthy in the photos. You may want to try just a leave in and hard hold gel at first. If your hair gets tangled easily, I suggest Kinky Curly Knot Today. If you want light moisture, try As I Am Leave In conditioner. For drugstore gel, LA Looks Sports Gel or Eco Styler Argan Oil one are cheap and relatively easy to find.  If you are wanting high end, I would suggest DevaCurl products. If you feel you need protein, the DIY gelatin treatment is cheap and effective.
    If this isn't helpful, what products are you currently using and which do you like vs not like and why you don't like them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file