How to deal with random weirdly curly frizzy hair

Curly.CaroCurly.Caro Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi everyone! First time posting here. Anyone have thoughts about handling unruly frizz at the crown? I feel as though I've got a constant cloud of frizz that refuses to curl in a normal pattern. I actually pulled one out to take a closer look at it... and was slightly horrified to see that its natural curl pattern is to curl BACK on itself--literally, this hair takes a U-turn two inches down the shaft. I have high porosity hair and am just starting my curly journey, so I'm wondering if it's damage... and if so, is the only solution to remove these sort of hairs and wait for healthier ones to replace them? 

Let me know if a picture of the hair in question would be helpful.  :)

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You can try combing out your hair after distributing styling products to get them to lay flat. You can also try adding more product and smoothing it over the crown. Also try a gel if none of these work. Or a combination of all three.
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You could switch your part, and hide those hairs.

Hair on the crown can have environmental damage from the sun, or pulling shirts over your head etc.   You could try a protein treatment, especially since you mentioned it was high porosity.
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file