Can y'all try and give me estimates for my hair growth?

LaCurlyBrujaLaCurlyBruja Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi everyone! I'm new to Naturally Curly but I already love this website and the resources that come with it.

I'm currently on a hair growth journey from nothing to collar bone length. My hair type is 3b and its currently at jaw level from a year and four months of growth. 

How long do y'all think it will take for my hair to grow to collar bone length? (excuse the frizz I'm on day 3)

p.s. My haircare regimen right now is I wash twice a week. The first is a regular wash, and the second is a deep wash which is when I deep condition. I alternate between using a hair masque for two weeks and then using a protein treatment and cycling these two every three weeks. I gently comb my hair with a wide-tooth comb with conditioner while in the shower. Of course there are more details of my regimen but I don't think they're necessary for this topic lol.

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,218Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hair on average grows about half an inch a month, so six inches a year. Shrinkage will make your journey longer, but just try to live a healthy lifestyle and drink lots of water. Maybe do some scalp massages. It may not make your hair grow faster but it will make your hair grow healthy. Be sure to trim if you see split ends or if the ends are breaking off.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't found any of the "miracle potions" to actually work. Biotin, etc — none of them work for me.  As Brittany said, it's really just making sure you're taking in good nutrition to let your body do its thing as it's maximum potential.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file