Help! Don't know what I'm doing!

Mickey22Mickey22 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

I'd like to point out that I have transitioning hair, so the top side is natural whereas the rest is chemical. Anyways, yesterday I had shampooed and conditioned my hair then tried using for the very first time: Curls Lavish Curls Moisturizer and Creme Brulee Whipped Curl Cream

I detangled my hair into sections before applying the moisturizer followed by the the curl cream. I was going to let it air dry instead of blow drying it or diffuse (since I don't own one or plan on buying it), but instead of doing so, from being inexperienced and overwhelmed with what to do, I blow dried it because I was told it was going to be frizzy (and I know you can get that too with either blow drying/brushing through), thus is where my hair stayed fucked up overnight (it's bushy and not tangled). I knew I wasn't going to like the results when I saw how it turned out the night before, so I wasn't expecting much this morning. So, now I'm confused and overwhelmed still on what to do with my dried, frizzed out, hair.

Answers

• CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Hi @Mickey22, unfortunately there is little you can do except put it up or rewash it. Blow drying the hair will not work unless you use a hood or a diffuser.
    I'm curious as to what caused you to be told using the products and not drying would make your hair frizzy though.
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would wet it, scrunch and air dry. It has saved me loads of times. Lol
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • Mickey22Mickey22 Posts: 2Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte

@Savagegirl, so what I'm getting is that you want me to rewash, scrunch in the cream and let it air dry?
    @Curledvines, I have a hood, but do I need to cover my hair up in a plastic hair cap or just leave it by itself? Also, how long and how hot would it be? And the answer to your question is my mother. With my type of hair, she thinks it'll get frizzy if it's not properly taken care of, like putting on protective gel/oils before flattening it or combing through it. I believe it's because she's too stubborn to learn something new about my hair and just sticks to what she knows. And since I can only go by what I know and see, I somehow fooled myself into following her footsteps. This was around the time where I gave up on trying come to an understanding with her and what I was gathering online and through instructions. 
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 379Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nah, no need to rewash. It's clean. Just wet as much as you need to reset the curl pattern. 
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    :thumbright:
    Canadian Mama!
  • CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    @Mickey22 gotcha-- moms will always be moms... Use hood on low, no covering with cap. Put product on your hair, scrunch excess water out, move curls depending on where and if you want a part, get some volume on crown by using double prong clips to lift root off the scalp, get a good book or your phone and sit under hood. Check after 30 minutes to see how it is going. I can't tell you how long it will take to dry under the hood. I have 2c long hair and it takes about 1 hour in salon, 50 minutes at home with a softhood attached to a Bioionic 10x ultralight hand dryer on low.
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file