4a Hangtime

CurlyJKCurlyJK Posts: 62Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
edited September 2018 in Growing out
This is my 7th month growing my hair out (from a number 4 on top, 1 on back and sides), and while it hangs completely while soaking wet, it tends to stick out while dry. My hair is best described as 4a (a couple 4b patches). How long should I wait for my hair to grow downwards, like so many other 4a's out there? Or will it continue to grow up and out?

My hair (dry)

Other 4a's:
Image result for 4a hair
Image result for 4a hair

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,900 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    I don't think anyone can predict how your hair will act as it grows out.  Those other pictures have hair that's considerably longer than yours, yet they're still growing outward - they've just styled it in a way to accentuate the part. 

What's your length goals?  Have you tried parting your hair and combing it to the sides?  Are you using a gel or something else with hold?
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• CurlyJKCurlyJK Posts: 62Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Guide 65 said:
    I don't think anyone can predict how your hair will act as it grows out.  Those other pictures have hair that's considerably longer than yours, yet they're still growing outward - they've just styled it in a way to accentuate the part. 

What's your length goals?  Have you tried parting your hair and combing it to the sides?  Are you using a gel or something else with hold?
     The picture posted that's labeled "4A natural hair" is around the length I'm aiming for.

Yeah, product weighs it down, but I was wondering if 4a curls would eventually hang down on it's own without product and/or water, or if the curl diameter simply wouldn't be large enough to.

Guess time will tell then. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file