Help for my girls hair

Elizabeth-10Elizabeth-10 Registered Users Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
Hello 
My daughter is 6yr and has 4b hair . She loves her hair but is picky about it. She’s also special needs. She wont let me braid it or wear any kind of protective style . She likes it up in a Puff all the time. She does wear a cap at night without issue. 

Our current routine is I wash and detangle it once a week. My issue is detangling. Her hair  gets matted ? very easily . She will have these large clumps of hair that’s 20-30 strands all clumped together. It’s almost impossible to detangle it and I end up pulling at it more then anything else.

Can somebody suggest a better method of detangling (currently using conditioner ) it a better routine/products to use. Should be doing somthing daily instead of weekly?

TIA

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Have you tried a detangling product?  Kinky Curly Knot Today is a leave in conditioner, and it has excellent slip to help get the knots out.  Deva Curl just came out with a detangler too. 

You might want to do some light finger detangling through the week, concentrating more on the underside than the top.  It'll make the hair poofy, but you can finish it with a little water/conditioner mix to make it settle down.  The water/conditioner is also good for remoisturizing between washings.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • CurledvinesCurledvines Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 60 Curl Connoisseur
    Deva's detangler has superior slip to Knot Today. I highly recommend it.
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file