General advice?

CurlsAbroadCurlsAbroad Posts: 16Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Novice
Hi there! I'm a 3a who is new to these forums! I'm only very newly full on CG-- less than a week!

Current products: 
- J. R. Liggett coconut & argan oil bar shampoo (looking at old threads, this brand used to contain a detergent, but now it's CG friendly!!)
- Beauty & the Bees honey silk conditioner bar
- Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Milk

Some techniques I use:
- S2C
- adding product to sopping hair
- plopping!! (I only heard of it last week! The only photo I have with plopped hair is the one where I'm in front of the white board!)
- lots of scrunching when dry
- pineappling
-washing hair 1-2x per week

I'm living in Africa for the year, so I won't have much access to new products until December.
I have an DevaCurl products on my Amazon wishlist and I plan to purchase them when I get back to the US. If anyone has suggestions for products (specific brands or just types of products) I would love to hear. I'm in love with my curly hair and I want it to be happy and healthy, but more definition, tighter curls, and less frizz wouldn't hurt! I would also love more techniques that I could use with the products I have! 

Just excited to dork about curls with other curly gals :)

Type: 3a (ish)
Density: medium
Porosity: low/normal
Thickess: medium

Current Routine:
- J.R. Liggett Coconut and Argan Oil shampoo bar (sulfate free, silicone free, detergent free)
- S2C with Beauty and the Bees conditioner bar
-scrunch out the water, then apply Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
-plop as long as I can
-scrunch with water often

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    You have gorgeous hair! This place is so loaded with info! Just look around, do some searches, have fun here! 
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! Glad you've joined us!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file