Newbie alert!

CurlsAbroadCurlsAbroad Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 16 Curl Novice
edited August 2018 in Introductions
Hi there! I'm Natalie and I'm 21. I lived the first 18 years of my life believing I had frizzy straight hair until a college roommate (who happened to have type 1 hair) noticed my hair was wavy when wet and begged me to see what would happen if I let it dry curly. I initially hated it- my curly hair wasn't soft and sleek, and my initial reaction was to straighten it. I had a wonderful hairdresser who would style my hair curly and I always complained, but he said "people pay to get your curls!" but I still straightened the mess out of my hair because of how many times in middle school I had been told I looked like a poodle. Now, I've been wearing my hair curly for about a year, and I'm about to go full on CG, and I hope my curls get curlier!

I'm American, but I've been living in Africa since January. There are some really great curl products here for type 4 curls, but I've been struggling to find products for my 3a hair. 

I will be back in the states in December to finish my degree, and I have the DevaCurl curly set in my Amazon cart. I'm looking for other products too, but I'll post in the hair type section.

I just wish I knew about this community when I hated my curls! I love them dearly now-- which is partially thanks to stalking this forum without an account. So now, I figured the time is right. Looking to chat with all you lovely curlies out there :)

Hair info:
3a curls - medium density- average porosity - medium strand thickness

Type: 3a (ish)
Density: medium
Porosity: low/normal
Thickess: medium

Current Routine:
- J.R. Liggett Coconut and Argan Oil shampoo bar (sulfate free, silicone free, detergent free)
- S2C with Beauty and the Bees conditioner bar
-scrunch out the water, then apply Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
-plop as long as I can
-scrunch with water often

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome! We are glad to have you here!
  • CurlsAbroadCurlsAbroad Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 16 Curl Novice
    BrittanyM said:
    Welcome! We are glad to have you here!
    Thank you! I'm still getting used to the forum life, but I just love this site :)
    Type: 3a (ish)
    Density: medium
    Porosity: low/normal
    Thickess: medium

Current Routine:
    - J.R. Liggett Coconut and Argan Oil shampoo bar (sulfate free, silicone free, detergent free)
    - S2C with Beauty and the Bees conditioner bar
    -scrunch out the water, then apply Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk
    -plop as long as I can
    -scrunch with water often

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file