A trick I discovered by mistake

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
I always part my hair on the left side but I decided to try a right side part just to see.  So I had partially dried (diffused) my hair which was parted on the right side and realized that the roots which needed to be dyed were showing up more on this side so I took my rat tail comb and flipped my hair back to the left side part.  Voila - it resulted in more volume up top!  
This makes perfect sense and probably has occurred to a lot of you before but it just never occurred to me.  So the trick is, use a rat tail comb to part your hair on the "wrong" side, diffuse until about 50% dry and they using the same comb flip the hair back to the side you usually use as a part.  Hope this helps someone!
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Did it make your curls frizz? Just curious because once my hair is dry, I'm terrified to change the part.
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm the same Brittany, I just can't imagine this working without me ending up with a load of frizz! I've seen this suggested before but I can't bring myself to try it, lol. 
    In the last couple of weeks I've moved my part over a little further and that's helped give a tiny bit of volume and seems, for now, to be hiding the thin spots a bit better.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    I only changed the part after drying it on the wrong side for a few minutes.  I can see where it would cause frizz if I dried it for too long.  Anyway, I'm not sure it's worth it LOL.  I've gone back to using clips to help with volume.  I might try it again one day when I'm not feeling so lazy :)
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Awesome, CP!  Love it.  What a happy accident!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file