Fillers or Facelift?

PoochiePoochie Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
So I've had Radiesse before to fill in my "smile lines" and also in my cheekbones for lift.  I liked it a lot, but it's been several years and it's worn off.  Now my doc has Bellafill, which is supposed to last five years! but it's more expensive.  So much so that I'm wondering if I would be better off getting a mini-facelift (for the lower face) since that would last much longer and would probably be less expensive in the long run than the repeated fillers.  Anyone here have experience with either?  I think the prospect of fitting a couple weeks of recovery time (from surgery) into my life is influencing me towards the filler...  I doubt I could do it before next summer.  Thanks for opinions!

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,605Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You would need to talk to your surgeon to find out if the lower facelift will give you the results you are hoping to achieve.  If so, I would definitely go that route. You said the fillers were for your laugh lines.  Are those around your eyes or mouth?  A lower face lift will help with the jowls. Is that the problem or the lines or both?  
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Wow. How fun to be considering either! 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen, it can be kind of fun when planning to do things to improve yourself, but it is also quite expensive & the recovery can be pretty long.  You also worry about the results.  I'm sure most of us have seen the show "Botched".  :0
    My 1st experience was for a chin implant, then breast augmentation, then a face, eye lift, then a breast lift & augmentation, then a neck & lower face lift.  I also get botox 2xs per year & lip injections about every 4 months.  I also use Retin-A & Vitamin C Serum every day.  I'm not going down without a fight.  LOL!!!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • PoochiePoochie Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi Lotsa,  I should have said nasolabial folds (parentheses) around the mouth.  I don't think fillers are usually recommended for eye laugh lines;  they are more likely to use Botox for that.  I am going for an undereye filler next week and I'll get a consultation about my lower face. I'm sure they will sell me a filler that will probably help, but I want to ask about surgery as a more permanent solution.  Did you have to repeat your facelift after a number of years?  Also what was the recovery time?  I don't get paid leave, so taking a week or more off means losing income as well as shelling out for the procedure!  Makes me wonder why it's so important to me to look young.
    On a positive note, I did get carded at a bar over the weekend, but I seriously think they card everybody so I shouldn't consider it a compliment.  But I choose to anyway :wink:
    My daughter recently had the undereye filler done.  It does look better, but she needs to have more filler done.  The doc said she would rather use too little than too much the 1st go around.  I have had botox done on my crowsfeet.  It does help.  
    I had my facelift about 15 years ago.  People age differently, so it can vary how long it would last.   I scheduled my surgery for a Thursday, so I missed work that Friday & the rest of the next week & went back on a Monday.  I was still swollen some & most of the bruising was gone.  My recovery was difficult, becuz my surgeon was a quack.  He was board certified  My eyesight changed so I had difficulty with that.  I had to get glasses so I could drive & use my computer.  They are still messed up today.  The doc raised my cheekbones.  I have high ones, so there was no reason for him to do this plus he didn't tell me b4 hand.  They were so very sore for a long time.  He said he did a necklift & charged me for one, but when I went in for one last Oct my doc said I had never had one.  He just did lipo under my chin which made my neck worse.  
    You may manage to get back to work in a week depending on what you do there, but 2 weeks would be better.
    From Michael Berg:

• PoochiePoochie Posts: 312Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    edited November 6
    Thanks for your advice, Lotsa!  Your success at staying gorgeous is an example to us all, and encouraging.  Maybe at some point I could afford the downtime for surgery.
    For now, I have had the filler called Bellafill to plump up the lost volume in my face.  It is supposed to encourage my own collagen at the sites it is injected, over a period of several months.  We'll see how it goes!
    Let us know your results!
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file