PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one taking a million selfies... iPhone Portrait mode Anyone?

lovethyselfcurlylovethyselfcurly Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
edited August 2018 in Introductions
Hi Curlies,
Newbie here and I wanted to introduce myself to this awesome Curly Community!! I didn't know this village existed :smile:

Don't believe my profile, I think I am a 3a curly (but could quite possibly be a 2c wavy). And I am currently freezing my butt off in my home city of Melbourne, Australia.
(I can't seem to edit my profile from saying that I live in the USA and have 3b spirals).  :confused:

I'm an almost 40 :hushed: yr old working-mum to 2 sometimes-adorable, always-cheeky young boys and wife to 1 sometimes-grumpy always-dependable old boy.

Currently I'm about 2 months into the CG method and trying to bring back the curls of my youth by learning to treat my curls right :heart:
I started this journey to restore health to my badly abused, neglected and damaged hair. But was surprised to discover its a bit of a metaphorical lesson about looking after my equally neglected inner self. Who is also suffering from years of neglect and being coerced and shaped into something that she's not.
With every lock of hair that is nourished into a new unique, spirally friend. A piece of my personality is restored into acceptance and I am finding it easier to be ME. The ME that I was originally designed to be.
Not the unattainable, perfect, put-no-foot-wrong ME that I continue to push on myself Every. Waking. Minute. Of. Every. Day.
Not the consumer-driving, skin-deep-beauty ME that society shows me I should constantly measure up to.
Not even the more-appropriate, conforming ME that well-meaning loved ones gently encourage me to aspire to.
But simply ME, my true-self. She has been here all along, under a mane of over-processed, perfectly straightened strands, that were in desperate need of moisture. She was equally in need. In need of permission to be free...

OK.. wait!
Enough of the melodramatic philosophies and more about the HAIR...

Current Styling Products: Deva Curls: Believe In, styling cream, angel gel and frizz free mousse. (Although not available here in Oz so I ordered from Amazon not knowing they could be fakes or expired products. So far so good, but I don't really have anything to compare them too)
Current Conditioners: Shea Moisture, Akin Volumizing, FRUCTUS Hair Foods
Current Treatments: Olaplex No. 3

Today I'm rating my results as Good. Better than the OK I was rating last week.
I'm actually not hating the transition period and have no temptation to straighten! Much better than I expected, considering my hair is quite damaged from the lightening, heat and years of expensive-but-toxic products. I'm currently trying to hold out for a couple more months before I decide if I go a big chop to remove the damaged ends.

Please introduce yourself and let me know that I'm not alone with the emotional musings :wink: oh and the MILLION selfies a day!! Taken to check/record curl patterns, frizz factors and volume ratings  :s  :tongue:
#letstalkaboutvanity #thinksshesacurlmodel #dontgiveupyourdayjob #embracingthefrizz #bighairdontcare

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  I love your philosophy about becoming yourself!  And love the selfies!  If anyone looked at my phone, they'd think I was crazy with all my selfies on there LOL.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • lovethyselfcurlylovethyselfcurly Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Guide 65 said:
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  I love your philosophy about becoming yourself!  And love the selfies!  If anyone looked at my phone, they'd think I was crazy with all my selfies on there LOL.
    Thanks for the welcome! This place is such a wealth of information! And ummm yeah the selfie addiction is bad 🙊
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome!  We're so glad you've joined us.  Please post as many selfies as you'd like! You have great curls and great facial expressions!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • lovethyselfcurlylovethyselfcurly Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    Gretchen said:
    Welcome!  We're so glad you've joined us.  Please post as many selfies as you'd like! You have great curls and great facial expressions!
    Thank you for the welcome. And congratulations on naturallycurly.com
    what a great resource it’s been for me  x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file