Tips for making a copycat Garnier Fructis Pure Clean spray?

danellavanelladanellavanella Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Hello, I've recently become obsessed with Garnier Fructis Pure Clean spray. My hair is very fine and is easily weighed down by products. Its also too voluminous/frizzy when I don't use anything. This product is working wonders. What I don't love is that I'm going through it rather quickly and I'm not a huge fan of the smell. Strongly scented products tend to bother me. I'm thinking about trying my hand at a copycat recipe maybe with the main ingredients, some of which I've never worked with before... glycerin and inulin. Has anyone ever worked with these and have some advice to pass on? Should I be concerned with any of the other ingredients?

Other listed ingredients are: 1141254 F1 AQUA/WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, INULIN, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SODIUM BENZOATE, NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRATE, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CELLULOSE GUM, CITRIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, TOCOPHEROL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, CITRONELLOL, LIMONENE, POTASSIUM SORBATE. F.I.L.# D208599/1

Answers

• CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Hi there,
    I get so excited when I hear people found products that are working very well for them! If you are a reddit user try /r/DIYBeauty for help with formulation and with how to work with the ingredients you are not familiar with.
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks
  • danellavanelladanellavanella Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll look into that. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file