What's wrong with my hair?

PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Registered Users Posts: 9 Curl Neophyte

I've been natural all my life and recently (within a year or two) stopped straightening my hair frequenlty. I've straightened my hair twice I think this year so far. The bottom of my hair is very curly and clumps together easily while the top of my hair is almost each and frizzy. when I brush my hair when wet and saturated with product the top of a strand/clump will not curl and it will curl at the bottom. I have attached pictures, they were taken when I was trying out new products so my hair looks dry but you get the jist. I believe my hair is 3b/3c. Please help! 

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    An alternate to the 2 step is the DIY gelatin as well if you'd like to try that route as well. I've tried both and prefer the gelatin, but many people do like the 2 step. Best of luck!

Answers

Hm. It pokes like they are brushed out. Have you tried using a leave in and defining products. After you've distribute them, scrunch your hair to encourage the curls at your midlengths and roots?
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Registered Users Posts: 9 Curl Neophyte
    It's not brushed out that's they way it is, and yes I use leave in and defining products the same thing occurs though. @BrittanyM
    You may want to try deep conditioning and protein treatments, focusing on your roots to see if you can get the curl to come back. It's worth a shot and won't hurt your hair.
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Registered Users Posts: 9 Curl Neophyte
    Yes I would like to try the aphogee 2 step protein treat meant as I heard good things about it. @BrittanyM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file