What's wrong with my hair?

PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I've been natural all my life and recently (within a year or two) stopped straightening my hair frequenlty. I've straightened my hair twice I think this year so far. The bottom of my hair is very curly and clumps together easily while the top of my hair is almost each and frizzy. when I brush my hair when wet and saturated with product the top of a strand/clump will not curl and it will curl at the bottom. I have attached pictures, they were taken when I was trying out new products so my hair looks dry but you get the jist. I believe my hair is 3b/3c. Please help! 

Best Answer

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    An alternate to the 2 step is the DIY gelatin as well if you'd like to try that route as well. I've tried both and prefer the gelatin, but many people do like the 2 step. Best of luck!

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hm. It pokes like they are brushed out. Have you tried using a leave in and defining products. After you've distribute them, scrunch your hair to encourage the curls at your midlengths and roots?
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not brushed out that's they way it is, and yes I use leave in and defining products the same thing occurs though. @BrittanyM
  • BrittanyMBrittanyM Posts: 1,217Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You may want to try deep conditioning and protein treatments, focusing on your roots to see if you can get the curl to come back. It's worth a shot and won't hurt your hair.
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes I would like to try the aphogee 2 step protein treat meant as I heard good things about it. @BrittanyM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file