What's wrong with my hair?

PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I've been natural all my life and recently (within a year or two) stopped straightening my hair frequenlty. I've straightened my hair twice I think this year so far. The bottom of my hair is very curly and clumps together easily while the top of my hair is almost each and frizzy. when I brush my hair when wet and saturated with product the top of a strand/clump will not curl and it will curl at the bottom. I have attached pictures, they were taken when I was trying out new products so my hair looks dry but you get the jist. I believe my hair is 3b/3c. Please help! 

Answers

• CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    Hi there! You wrote you have only straightened your hair a couple of times this year. Do you mean blow dry? Or use chemicals?
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I mean blow dry and straighten with a flat iron. I've never chemical straightened my hair, I've always been natural. @Curledvines
  • CurledvinesCurledvines Posts: 60Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    You have great ringlets at the front and bottom of your hair, @PizzaPizzakali :) 

Is your hair pretty much all one length? Layered cuts often curl better.

Some things that may be going on: you may have different curl patterns (the front of my hair does not curl like the bottom layers, for example); you may be accidently applying different amounts of product in parts of your hair; the drying method may not be what your hair needs to curl.

Do you put product with your head upside down? Do you finger comb or use a brush/comb? how do you dry-- do you plop? What products do you use to wash/style?
    2C/3A long hair with some 3C thrown in
    High Porosity, dense, coarse hair
    I make my own protein masks
  • PizzaPizzakaliPizzaPizzakali Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    edited September 2018
     @Curledvines The bottom layers of my hair are slightly longer then the top fronts of my hair. Yeah I was thinking that it might just be my curl pattern but it's so annoying! Why only the top layers and why from the root and the ends can clump?? I apply the same products throughout my head. I used to just rake product into my hair but I have recently tried using a brush after apply my leave in conditioner and it seems to be okay with helping. I don't apply my hair products with my head down as it doesn't seem to work for me. I use cantu leave in conditioner all the time and soemtimes I use the coconut curly cream by them as well, then I apply Eco styler gel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file