Help, Straight hair on top, tight curls on bottom

MisspxielMisspxiel Posts: 1Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited August 2018 in Curly Teens
recently I’ve noticed that the top of my head is very straight, whilst the bottom of my hair is curly 3A. I’m of Hispanic decent, and do have chemically treated hair, such as being bleached recently. Please help. 
I also stopped using heat on my hair completely, and bought new products with no harsh chemicals to help my hair. 

Answers

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Generally, bleaching damages the hair, which can be helped by applying protein. You can use protein-rich conditioners to help repair the hair. If your hair still feels dry, you can try doing a deep conditioning treatment by letting the conditioner sit on your hair for 15-30 minutes before rinsing it out. It is helpful to cover your conditioned hair with a plastic cap and then a towel on top of that to hold in body heat, which helps the conditioner penetrate.

It may also be possible that you have build-up from styling products. Have you clarified lately? Many of us on the forum use a sulfate shampoo every now and then to get rid of build-up.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • hmr1016hmr1016 Posts: 66Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the same issue with my hair, and the one thing that has really made a difference is using Olaplex (step 3 only). It made my bottom waves and curls more defined and less frizzy, and took the nearly straight top layer of hair to a definite wave.
    Current 2B/2C Routine:
    Cleanse -  NYM Curl Talk Shampoo or NYM Clean Freak Cleansing Conditioner
    Condition - Elucence Moisure Balance Conditioner
    Treatments - Olaplex (step 3) or Elucence Moisture Repair Treatment
    Style -  Briogeo Rosarco Milk Leave In + AG Re:Coil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file