Best Hair Regimen for 3c Low Porosity Hair?

C0ralreefC0ralreef Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
edited August 2018 in Hair Type 3
Has anybody with, either type 3c, 3b or 4a low porosity, hair found a hair regimen that works for them? So far on wash days, I've been mainly using Tresemme, for conditioner and shampoo, and African Pride Olive Miracle for a leave-in/moisturizer, and deep conditioner. This doesn't seem to work with my hair and always leaves, dry, frizzy and tangled. I've been looking into Koils by nature as a product line but I'd also like to know any other products that might work for my hair type. So if you have a similar kind of hair, what hair routine do you use and what products. 

My Hair Characteristics: Type 3c, Always dry, Low Porosity, Medium-length when dry, prone to shrinkage, coarse texture, easily gets tangled/matted, high density, usually worn in braids, little damage, high elasticity

Answers

• klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi! :)
    I've used these products (in signature below, except for shampoo/cleanser, I'm currently experimenting with some DIY recipes) for many years. Every once in a while I'll switch it up just to see if there's anything better for me, but I always seem to go back! However, I've noticed more of a difference with what I do with my hair, not so much the products I use. What's most important for me to avoid frizz is: 
    • using a heat cap when I do a deep treatment (moisture will not get in for me otherwise!)
    • no brushing, only a wide tooth shower comb when needed while soaked with water and conditioner
    • scrunch with microfibre towel and plopping hair in old t-shirt for drying 
    • silk pillowcase and pineappleing my hair at night

3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• C0ralreefC0ralreef Posts: 3Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi! :)
    I've used these products (in signature below, except for shampoo/cleanser, I'm currently experimenting with some DIY recipes) for many years. Every once in a while I'll switch it up just to see if there's anything better for me, but I always seem to go back! However, I've noticed more of a difference with what I do with my hair, not so much the products I use. What's most important for me to avoid frizz is: 
    • using a heat cap when I do a deep treatment (moisture will not get in for me otherwise!)
    • no brushing, only a wide tooth shower comb when needed while soaked with water and conditioner
    • scrunch with microfibre towel and plopping hair in old t-shirt for drying 
    • silk pillowcase and pineappleing my hair at night

Thank you so much! In the past I have used all those tips you listed above but, I will still keep them in mind. In terms of the routine, I will try Jessicurl and Shea Moisture, and perhaps give up on shampoo. Thanks again for sharing your method.
    My Hair Characteristics: Type 3c, Always dry, Low Porosity, Medium-length when dry, prone to shrinkage, coarse texture, easily gets tangled/matted, high density, usually worn in braids, little damage, high elasticity
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You are so welcome! I haven't used a shampoo containing sodium laurel sulfates or related in years. I was definitely skeptical when I first gave it up, and it took 2-3 weeks for me to get used to it, but I don't miss it at all, and neither does my hair. :) But that's just me! Best wishes to you as you find what works for you!
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file