Another MAC Question for the Expert (Rou!)

KirochkaKirochka Posts: 43Registered Users
I went to the MAC counter at a store in Chattanooga this past weekend, and (besides the fact that the woman there made me look like an extra in a horror movie... and by doing only one eye, so I hate to think what she would have done with my whole face! :D ) bought a base thingie and an eye shadow (it was the colors the woman there had used, but even though she made me look terrible, I could see potential in the colors themselves). When I got the stuff home, I found a piece of paper in with the base color listing the ones that shouldn't be used on the eyes - including the one she sold me, and used on my eye. (I don't remember the color right now, but it's sort of purple-y.)

My question is, why are they saying not to use it on the eyes? Will it do something horrible to me if I use it that way, or are they just covering themselves for some reason? (And if it will do something horrible, I want to fly back to Tennessee and complain...) I hope I can use it, because I tested it out myself and I do like it, despite the saleswoman's best efforts!
2a... very a. In constant battle with stringiness.
Turns out, despite what I thought, slightly coarse hair; prone to frizziness. Lower porosity.
Profile pic is 3-14-16, rushed 2nd-day hair. Growing out a pixie cut.

About to start trying to work with the results of my GoosefootPrints hair analysis!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you bought Dark Soul, didn't you?

:D

i'd like to say i'm psychic, but on the MAC makeup groups i belong to online, everyone's asking about this.

there are tiny bits of glitter in this that could scratch the cornea. if you wear contact lenses, DON'T wear them when you wear this colour.

otherwise, this warning is really designed to absolve MAC of responsibility if you do use it on your eyes and something happens - you have been warned that it isn't completely safe for use around the eyes.

if you wear contact lenses and you're really worried about it, contact MAC's customer service through their website [there's an 800 number listed if you want to talk to someone right away] and make arrangements to return it at a location convenient to you.

sorry the MA went for the horror movie look - i always cringe when i hear that! :(
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • KirochkaKirochka Posts: 43Registered Users
    Thanks for the info - I was thinking it must be something like that, but wanted to have the Expert's word on it! I'll check what colors they are when I go home this evening - there was a sort of purple-y base with a deep pinkish/reddish shadow (I had asked about something possibly pinkish and the woman went berserk... but with good colors!).

Luckily my first experience at a MAC counter (Nordstrom's, Woodfield Mall) was so excellent that this one didn't scare me off! :D

ETA: I don't wear contacts, so I'll keep using the base!
    Turns out, despite what I thought, slightly coarse hair; prone to frizziness. Lower porosity.

About to start trying to work with the results of my GoosefootPrints hair analysis!
  • KirochkaKirochka Posts: 43Registered Users
    Well, I checked, and the eye shadow color is Swish (and as you probably know, Rou, it looks NOTHING like the sample on the website!), and the cream base color is Flighty (a little closer on the site, but not much!).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file