Will hair pulled out while combing/straightening grow back?

NazarNazar Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 2 Curl Neophyte
I have been straightening my hair with blow dryers, flat irons and hot combs in salons for years. Usually not more than three times a year. I have long hair that's prone to tangling so whenever the stylist handle it they pull too hard and I can feel the hair snapping of my scalp. It has started to visibly thin. So I am wondering if the hair being out grows back again. It's been a couple of years now since I stopped using a comb since my hair always gets pulled out while combing so I only comb when I straightening my hair. I have just came back from nother salon visit and I am feeling really miserable about it. Will my hair ever grow back?

Best Answer

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    Accepted Answer
    It should grow back.  But if you feel like your hair is thinning, you might want to go to the doctor and get some blood tests done.  There are conditions that cause thinning hair. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Answers

• BrittanyMBrittanyM Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Curl Virtuoso
    Yes, you have to have repeated and intentional actions to physically damage the hair follicle that it doesn't grow back (waxing or traction alopecia). if you feel your hair is not growing back and is thinning, I agree with Guide 65 about seeing a dr.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file