At a loss- help!

Bkg529Bkg529 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
Hi there! I need advice for cutting my and styling my daughter’s hair. I have no experience with hair of any kind of wavy or curly texture, nor with thin or stringy hair. As my daughter is getting older, it’s getting harder to keep looking well styled. Any advice I can get would be appreciated.

Answers

• Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,703Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to CurlTalk!  Do you want to encourage the curl in her hair or just make it look neat?  Either way, trimming a bit off the ends might be a good idea. It looks little thin and stingy down near the bottom, so a trim can help with that.

For just making it look neat, more brushing is in order.  To encourage the curl, you could try the CG method, but be aware that it takes time to learn it, and in the beginning I had more bad hair days than good.  And there's no more brushing if she goes curly, so it's not easy to neaten the hair without a brush. 
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • Bkg529Bkg529 Posts: 4Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Thank you for your response. I have researched the CG method. We use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. My only problem with the CG method is one, she tends to get greasy at the roots by day two and she’s an athlete so there’s a great deal of sweating going on. 
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 1,703Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    How often is she washing her hair?  You may need to use a sulfate shampoo on occasion to really clean the hair.  Healthy hair is good, but that starts with a healthy scalp.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • WavyKfromNJWavyKfromNJ Posts: 853Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    You could just spritz her hair from the ears down with some water and add some of the new Garnier 1 minute mask before bed.  It is a nice light leave in that I use if I need a little extra moisture.  I add the water and mask and put my hair in a bun ad sleep like that. 
    2b, 2c,
    High Porosity - Very Fine Hair

Low Poo: Living Proof Restore Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Living Proof Restore Conditioner
    Leave In: Living Proof Curl Leave-In or Garnier 1 Minute Mask - Papaya
    Treatments: Restore Repair Leave-In, 
    Styling: Living Proof In-Shower Styler with Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Gel Stronger Hold
    Great idea. I’m including pictures of her hair after or daily routine. She washes her hair every other day. When she washes at night we do a twist to keep her hair tamed and damp. 

We spritz with water and use a leave in conditioning treatment- sometimes dove quench, sometimes ogx miracle coconut leave in oil.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file